2019 Ford Ranger

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Hi guys

I´m looking for tips and suggestions for upfitting my new pick up truck.
On my retired pick up I have a Legacy, 2 IONs and 2 ION duo in front along with 2 lower mounted Vertex´s and 1 in each mirror as well, in the back I only have 2 microns and 2 Vertex`s in the rear lamps. That´s it.
The old pickup is a VW Amarok.
I´ve seen some pictures of a Ranger upfitted to the top with everything, but what seems to lack is the information of brackets and lighting that fits on specific vehicle. I´d like to find out if there´s mirror options from Whelen or Sound Off to replace the original mirror caps and for instance mount either Vertex or mpowers there or on the side markers in front of the door / A-pole.
If anyone have any other tips on lighting the Ranger I´m ears. Also all lighting will go through a CC Sapphire.

And also, Legacy or Freedom IV??

Thanks

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think the legacy would be better here for your POV....it’s sleeker and just as bright (if not more).

I’m not aware of brackets made for any Ford Rangers, except the pre-2011 gen Ranger. I think your best bet for the mirrors would be the mpowers, because they have wedge kits ranging from 5-35 degrees and they’re super low profile. For the rear, I’d use your recycled microns, T ions, or mpowers under the liftgate

Are your ions surface mount or the multipurpose?

Reactions: Carlsson

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
In the new products section of Whelen Automotive Price List 19.1 there are two lightbar mounting kits listed for your application, the MKEZ104 and the MJAJ104:

VjyCGF8.png

Source: https://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/PriceLists/01_Automotive_Price_List-19.1.pdf

Reactions: Carlsson

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well yes because the new ranger is almost equal in size in the us to the f150 as in all other countries, it is the f150. According to Ford.

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
I think the legacy would be better here for your POV....it’s sleeker and just as bright (if not more).

I’m not aware of brackets made for any Ford Rangers, except the pre-2011 gen Ranger. I think your best bet for the mirrors would be the mpowers, because they have wedge kits ranging from 5-35 degrees and they’re super low profile. For the rear, I’d use your recycled microns, T ions, or mpowers under the liftgate

Are your ions surface mount or the multipurpose?
It´s the multi... I agree

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Which grill do you have....the black “mesh” or the one with the 2 silver crossmembers?
If you have the latter, I’d see if you can clip the multipurpose mount ions to the grill. Otherwise, if you have the “mesh” grill, I’d trade the multipurpose ions and surface mount a pair of lightheads onto the “mesh.”

Another option for some of the ions is “clipping” them onto the hood and having centered mid-level warning (instead of a dash light).

As for the 4 vertexes, I would get rid of them. I’d recommend getting a pair of cannons to replace the fog lights and leave the rear tail lights alone (2-4 lights under the liftgate and the roof lightbar will be plenty). Ideally, go with duo color lights to the rear liftgate area so that you can program multi-function (ie steady rear clear). Like the mirrors, I like the mpower fascias here too....they’re super rugged, small, & bright

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Which grill do you have....the black “mesh” or the one with the 2 silver crossmembers?
If you have the latter, I’d see if you can clip the multipurpose mount ions to the grill. Otherwise, if you have the “mesh” grill, I’d trade the multipurpose ions and surface mount a pair of lightheads onto the “mesh.”

Another option for some of the ions is “clipping” them onto the hood and having centered mid-level warning (instead of a dash light).

As for the 4 vertexes, I would get rid of them. I’d recommend getting a pair of cannons to replace the fog lights and leave the rear tail lights alone (2-4 lights under the liftgate and the roof lightbar will be plenty). Ideally, go with duo color lights to the rear liftgate area so that you can program multi-function (ie steady rear clear). Like the mirrors, I like the mpower fascias here too....they’re super rugged, small, & bright
It´s the "chrome" grill, ugly af. There will be integrated 2 Lazer Triple R750Elite3 LED long distance lights, so I think the mounting option will be either L-brackets or the "hood" mounting option of either the IONs or the mPowers. As for the IONs I already have, I could always put them on the hood as extras, but it might be too much? Duos in the rear is a great idea

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It´s the "chrome" grill, ugly af. There will be integrated 2 Lazer Triple R750Elite3 LED long distance lights, so I think the mounting option will be either L-brackets or the "hood" mounting option of either the IONs or the mPowers. As for the IONs I already have, I could always put them on the hood as extras, but it might be too much? Duos in the rear is a great idea
I don’t think it would be too much. I always suggest 3 levels of warning (generally grill lights, dash level, & lightbar). Sync-ing also plays a good role in making an install look “clean” (random, unsynced flickering looks awful).

Where will the long distance lights be mounted....next to the ford logo/in between the 2 chrome bars?
I think the mpower fascias would be best here. No matter where the lazer lights are, there will be room to mount the mpowers somewhere else in the grill and I think they’re more rugged than the ions, due to their silicone lens. You can also do duo there as well to get some clear steady burn

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Plenty of room for ions/m power fascias above the razers (in the horizontal slot). I think 4 synced to all flash together would look badass.

A HLF and 1-2 pairs of solid red grill lights would nice here IMO, but some ppl tie their aftermarket off-road/KC lights to HLF flashers instead (either because their headlights are not HLF-friendly, or they want the “punch” of the brighter aftermarket lights)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.