2020 Interceptor Build Featuring the Eclipse Rocker Panels

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
This car was spec'd by a competitor. Once we got the vehicle in house and talked to the customer, they realized they weren't going to like the set up. Previous spec had only the dominator on the rear. We removed the flasher in the dominator to use it on carbide. We also added the rest of the rear warning lights and the eclipse rocker panel. Wish they had just a little more budget so we could have nixed the split microns... but we just decided to deactivate them unless the car was in gear.

Get your Eclipse Rocker Panels here https://feverinc.net/warning-lights...and-arrows/eclipse-rocker-panel-light-sticks/

Last edited:

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I'm torn on this build, but most of it is because of the customer specs, not your install.

The front microns are useless. I would've gone with a bigger dual color light with a larger footprint, and gotten them with white. Integrate flashing white into them, R/W and B/W, and then the white could go on takedown as well. Speaking of takedown, I'm not sure why there's a separate takedown and flood. Never understood that. There should be a single takedown that floods every front white light. Then have some modules in the bar with a higher priority so R/B prioritizes on some or most modules when takedown and flashing are both active.

The rear of the car is really busy. I like that you guys separated the colors and slowed it down in park, but there's no amber, and it's just overall really busy. I think I would've cut the rear window lights completely, both the inside ones and the ones on the spoiler. Just leave the license plate lights, the taillamps housing ones, and the Legacy bar of course. This would've cleared up funds for the front microns to be replaced. Alternatively remove every rear light, and add a full interior bar to the rear window that is 100% synced with the Legacy bar up top (Same colors, same patterns), so if both are visible it'd look like one bar. Then just flash the brake lights alternating with the reverse lights like the vics used to do.

The side eclipse lights, I like that they are red and blue, but flashing the whites on then during stage 3 in gear would add effectiveness. I'm a huge fan of flashing white to the front and sides when rolling.

Just my opinions. Nice build overall. I like your flash patterns. Can we see a video with stage 1 and 2? I'd be interested to see what you/they chose for those.

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
Like the build, and appreciate the functionality utilized with the Carbide.

Lightbar waterproof boot? Who makes this product? It looks very clean/professional.
How long have you been using this product on your builds, and any known issues to date?
Thanks

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm torn on this build, but most of it is because of the customer specs, not your install.

The front microns are useless. I would've gone with a bigger dual color light with a larger footprint, and gotten them with white. Integrate flashing white into them, R/W and B/W, and then the white could go on takedown as well. Speaking of takedown, I'm not sure why there's a separate takedown and flood. Never understood that. There should be a single takedown that floods every front white light. Then have some modules in the bar with a higher priority so R/B prioritizes on some or most modules when takedown and flashing are both active.

The rear of the car is really busy. I like that you guys separated the colors and slowed it down in park, but there's no amber, and it's just overall really busy. I think I would've cut the rear window lights completely, both the inside ones and the ones on the spoiler. Just leave the license plate lights, the taillamps housing ones, and the Legacy bar of course. This would've cleared up funds for the front microns to be replaced. Alternatively remove every rear light, and add a full interior bar to the rear window that is 100% synced with the Legacy bar up top (Same colors, same patterns), so if both are visible it'd look like one bar. Then just flash the brake lights alternating with the reverse lights like the vics used to do.

The side eclipse lights, I like that they are red and blue, but flashing the whites on then during stage 3 in gear would add effectiveness. I'm a huge fan of flashing white to the front and sides when rolling.

Just my opinions. Nice build overall. I like your flash patterns. Can we see a video with stage 1 and 2? I'd be interested to see what you/they chose for those.

The microns are pretty much designated because thats the area Ford created for lights (its literally recessed at that size). But I do agree... bigger is better.

They wanted take downs with some warning still to the front so we did do the two different modes. They were limited on front warning by build design so if they were in a situation they needed front warning and takedown lights, they were pretty limited. They had the extra button on their controller so it was an easy decision to just let the officers make that decision.

We really wanted to nix the dominator but that part was already built into the turn key build price. They decided it wasn't enough so they wanted to add the spoiler and license tag lights. They are paranoid about the rear and felt they needed it because of the lightbar not being visible. The lightbar on these 2020's is completely visible because the back of the car slopes down. They realized that after they got the vehicles delivered.

Since taking this video, we did do a minor tweak with carbide and added the eclipse white flashing while in motion. We also added having them come on automatically if the overhead lightbar flood mode as to act as an automatic puddle light for them. Stage 1 and stage 2 was pretty much the same pattern when its on park. One is rear only, two is rear and sides, three is everything on the vehicle.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Like the build, and appreciate the functionality utilized with the Carbide.

Lightbar waterproof boot? Who makes this product? It looks very clean/professional.
How long have you been using this product on your builds, and any known issues to date?
Thanks

we've been using them for a while. I estimate our installers have probably installed them on a couple of hundred vehicles so far with no issues at all. We've sold a bunch to other people as well. We put some silicone inside the heat shrink just to eliminate any issues of the water around the wires but the amount of silicone we use is minimal and it really is a much cleaner install. We are planning on doing an install video so people can see exactly what we do.

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.