2020+ PIU Dimmer Wire

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I read through the upfitter's manual and it doesn't really give any details. For the 2020+ PIU there's a "Dimmer" wire in the center console. Is that just 12V+ when the headlights are on? Or is it variable based on the dimming level? I was debating using that as a trigger for dimming the lightbar when the vehicle is in park (since I don't have the sensor on the bar).

MattMPA

Dec 28, 2021
SE PA
If it's the same as the 2016+, the dimmer wire is for panel illumination with the lights on that dims with the rest of the panel lights. Supposed to be used for panel illumination on added gear....

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.