2020 Silverado hd wigwag?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Has anyone put in headlight wig wags On the new 2020 Silverado LT 2500 HD. We just ordered ours to replace the older utility . If anyone has done it which flasher and was there any issue. These new cars with everything running through canbus system don’t know if it would be an issue . As an alternative I was thinking to put white haw in the upper turn signal housing at a slow single flash alternating pattern to simulated it. I know it’s not as good as actual wigwag but
Thanks in advance

cory y2.0

Oct 24, 2016
DFW
why not just avoid it completely and use a pair of spot or flood lights with a headlight flasher mounted on a grille guard?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Thought of that but might mount a 4 head stick to it
That is if one of the major manufacturers releases a push bar for it. So far no one has them out yet

cory y2.0

Oct 24, 2016
DFW
Thought of that but might mount a 4 head stick to it
That is if one of the major manufacturers releases a push bar for it. So far no one has them out yet

Ranchhand does

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Ranchhand does
I seen that. I was thinking more like setina and proguard. They have a flat bar across the middle which makes mounting to it easier

Last edited:

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Haven’t got the truck yet but I think the ideas i had won’t really work. I guess I’m going with a flasher module prob the whelen UHF2150A
I’m just still wondering will this screw anything up in canbus system ?
Anyone see any issue with that flasher on here. Seems like a straight forward thing but these new cars are temperamental

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
According to the 2020 schematics, each high beam wire is Yellow at the back of the headlight. A normal two output halogen flasher will work fine.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Thanks guys. It’s strange for poop and laughter I emailed whelen about using the ulf. Flasher and they said they don’t recommend flashing the 2020 high beams
So now I’m confused lol

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Would it be cheaper to just have someone wiggle the highbeam switch instead?? These funky lights, have you checked with Chevy to see if there's an upfitter PDF or something on this vehicle to give you a lil help?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Would it be cheaper to just have someone wiggle the highbeam switch instead??

That is a good idea. I could have one of the new guys do it

I’m not sure if there is a up fit guide for the 2500 I’ll have to look. I don’t know why whelen said that they don’t recommend it. I guess they worried about bcm

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Whelen probably said that because they haven't confirmed it will work yet. Each highbeam is driven by a separate relay, much like any other vehicle for the past 30 years.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Whelen probably said that because they haven't confirmed it will work yet. Each highbeam is driven by a separate relay, much like any other vehicle for the past 30 years.
Thanks what I was thinking. I think If I use. The ulf2150a. Positive switching It should be fine wiring behind headlights ,it’s after the relay and the bcm

Reactions: Bcode3

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I just saw that one I was thinking same thing unless something changed with the 2020 2500 but I doubt it. I guess I could try it.
What’s the worse that can happen lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.