2021 Suburban

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
I’ll be “that guy”

Holy seizure inducing whack tastic waste. Coupled with holy ridiculous amount of flashing white. I’d hate to see that thing at night

Shame, with the right patterns and a more (meaning less) appropriate amount of white that would be a seriously solid setup

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Someone needs to educate that department. With all the knowledge that we have these days, those flash patterns couldn’t be any worse. Its gotta just look like a seizure inducing pink blob at night.

Reactions: Dave F

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
To each their own. If it gets the job done do the patterns really matter? My personal opinion is to do more with less, but as long as the checks clear they can order as many woo woos as they want lol.

I would say that it does matter. The lights are there to serve a purpose. If a better pattern does the purpose better, and safer, than yes. I agree with the checks clearing. But I explain to all of my customers why we set the patterns how we do, because it is safer and more effective for everyone, and so far, nobody has disagreed. You want to warn people that you are coming, you want people to remain calm. When you come at them with the space ship, they have no idea what is going on, and sometimes panic, and make bad decisions.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Points up

This

Thats the main thing, safety. Slower pattern, solid footprints lead to more warning power which means a safer drive there, and especially safer on scene: A seizure pattern gets lost in daylight at times. Put it on solid slower patterns and theres no way you can miss the vehicle.

I dont know much in life but Im very passionate about not getting waffled by Joe Public beit on the road or the side of it

So yes, it very much matters

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I agree with others on the patterns. It would be more effective and provide better safety if they were different. I've run into the same problem on a few POV installs.
But like the OP said....if it's what they want, even after giving them "constructive education" as I call it...they are ultimately the paying customer.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I agree with others on the patterns. It would be more effective and provide better safety if they were different. I've run into the same problem on a few POV installs.
But like the OP said....if it's what they want, even after giving them "constructive education" as I call it...they are ultimately the paying customer.
Basically this. Thanks for the feedback yall.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like the sweeping arges spotlight, but I would like to see a twin on the other side. That and flashing takedowns/head lights could be the only white and it would be plenty. At least park kills the white.

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
To each their own. If it gets the job done do the patterns really matter? My personal opinion is to do more with less, but as long as the checks clear they can order as many woo woos as they want lol.
This is pretty telling of your attempt to educate your customers and is only confirmed by the absence of any attempt to even sync the majority of lights on this "spaceship". As long as your main concern is the check clearing, thats exactly what your builds are going to look like and it's obvious to anyone in the field.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
This is pretty telling of your attempt to educate your customers and is only confirmed by the absence of any attempt to even sync the majority of lights on this "spaceship". As long as your main concern is the check clearing, thats exactly what your builds are going to look like and it's obvious to anyone in the field.
I have been doing this for 20 years. I offer my opinions, but at the end of the day the customer gets what the customer wants. I suppose if you were in my shoes you would reject the work because you do not like the customers choice of flash patterns or lights? Be realistic. Please explain to me exactly how you would handle this? Call the customer names? Call them stupid? Refuse to do the work because of some preconceived notion you have about lights and pattern purity. I usually don't get bent out of shape about the pattern and light comments, but you are ignorant (and its obvious to anyone in the field).

BTW the customer loved this.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
So this is the part where everyones flyin down the highway

And here comes the mod highway patrol

and everyone slows down

Reactions: MPD 818

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Never go full retard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.