2022 Tacoma w/ Sun Roof Install Help

skorea2131

May 19, 2016
Connecticut
I have a 2022 Tacoma I’m looking to mount an exterior lightbar on the roof between the B pillars. Only issue is the sunroof. Any advice on where to drill to install it while keeping it clean and keeping the sunroof functional?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Depending on the size of the wire/cable your using, I've always had great luck with drilling/notching the third brake light and sealing it back up...

If your wanting to drill the roof itself, take your headliner down and look where you can drill... Usually along the side of the roof outside of the sunroof track.

RangerRick

Oct 12, 2022
WV
I have a 2022 Tacoma I’m looking to mount an exterior lightbar on the roof between the B pillars. Only issue is the sunroof. Any advice on where to drill to install it while keeping it clean and keeping the sunroof functional?
I mounted mine onto a rack and ran the wire along the inside track then into my topper where I have my control relays. I couldn't imagine drilling into my truck roof....

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Don't drill into your actual roof. There is always another way to get wire from outside to inside. Like others mentioned 3rd brake lights or bed related products. If you have to add more wire so be it, but don't drill into your roof. Even on single purpose vehicles bought completely for emergency response I still prefer to use other methods unless I know the vehicle is "salvage/govdeals value" at the end of its service.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.