2100 Optix corner flash pattern selection questions

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I want to add an external flasher to my 2100 It looks like I have 2 different types of control boards on my optix heads. It was my understanding that I just jump the 2 pins ti change the pattern. That works on the heads with the 2 pins. The corners and 2 other heads have 6 pins instead of the 2. Those pins have jumpers but putting them on the upper or lower curve pins does not change the pattern. Trying to get them to stay solid so I can use an external flasher any thoughts are advice? I did notice that a couple of the heads have dim wires while others don't. All the heads are optix with built in flashers, I just want to sync them with my own flasher.20190712_123440.jpg

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
It does but I dont really want to spend money on the bar. I think I would need 6, possibly 8. How much are you looking for?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
After an email to code 3, they sent me revised owners manual. In the owner's manual it says that the corner or 360 modules cannot be set to steady but the other heads can. The manual I had only shows the 2 pin jumper not the 3/6 pin models I have. I was able to get all but the ends to stay solid.

Attachments

• 2100 install rev 3.pdf
    979.9 KB · Views: 10
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Just an update. In a followup email they also stated about the corners/360 modules were not designed to be set to steady

"This was due to SAE standards in combination with the style of lightbar that this is.'

Hope this info can help others too. Code 3 tech support was quick to respond and had relevant info, even on old products. I appreciated that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.