2105 Ford Utility Police Interceptor Headlight Issues

firemarshal

May 26, 2021
East Hampton, CT
I have received a 2015 Ford utility Police Interceptor for the Fire Marshal's office. I have only had it for about 5 months and in that time I have replaced the passenger light socket twice, the drivers side 3 times and gone through about 6 bulbs from various manufacturers. I do not have wig wags hooked up to the head lights. So that will not be a possible cause as I have seen in other posts. As far as I can tell there s no moisture getting into the headlight assembly so that also is probably not a possible cause.

I have spoken with the fleet person for the PD ( it s a police officer) and was informed that these cars have had these issues, and they just kept getting it fixed. He told me that Ford has changed the headlight design from what these were.

What I am asking is has anyone run across this before, and is there a solution? At the current rate of repair I am going to blow my budget on headlight repairs. Any Insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.