295SLSA6 Question

Rinoia75

Jun 13, 2021
Iowa
Hello…new member here. Have a question for the forum. I have a 295SLSA6 controller with an SA315P speaker. I’m using it in my personal vehicle. I’m using it for the PA, air horn, and auxiliary switches. Not using it for a light at or siren. Don’t want it connected into my horn either. So I’ve got everything connected I need, I believe. So when I connected the speaker to the unit, I get nothing! No PA or horn. But controller backlight lights up, and slide switch and buttons all work. And yes, I did have the switch on. Have rotary knob set to MAN 1. The wires I have connected to the speaker are the yellow and brown. Am I missing a connection somewhere? Or does the wire gauge from the speaker make a difference? I’m hoping someone here can help! Thanks!!

Rinoia75

Jun 13, 2021
Iowa
Yes. Now one thing I didn’t mention. So when I first got the speaker, I connected it to my mobile CB radio. But needed an extension, so I put on an extension with 3.5mm plug. Now that extension is either a 22ga or 24ga wire for each. Is that too small a gauge?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Yes, 24awg is far too small. At minimum, match the gauge of your extension wire to the gauge of the flying leads coming out of your speaker. Going even larger is okay. Get rid of the 3.5mm plug and jack.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Speaker wire should be 18 AWG, but you’d still get sound with smaller wire, so that’s not the main issue.

Do you hear any sound from the siren amp when the air horn is activated?

Rinoia75

Jun 13, 2021
Iowa
Did not hear anything from the speaker at all. Let me ask this. I haven’t looked at it yet, but I saw on the install manual that there is a 20 amp fuse in the back of the controller. Is that for the PA system? Going to change the wire gauge. Plug is already gone. Cut that off to wire it to the controller.

Rinoia75

Jun 13, 2021
Iowa
I can say, the speaker worked before. I had it plugged into my CB, put it didn’t produce enough to hear it at the volume I wanted.

Rinoia75

Jun 13, 2021
Iowa
So an update. I pulled the 20 amp fuse from the back of the controller, replaced it with a new one. Got the airhorn to work once, but then it stopped again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.