3/29 Live PD

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
Broke my foot....(ouch)
Stuck on the couch watching Live PD.....(bored)

Boy some of these departments have crappy lighting set-ups, in my opinion anyway
Slidel_LA PD have such a random mish-mash of lights
Who comes up with these? :rolleyes:

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
Watch all the time. Some of the lighting is crazy.... Slidell, La.... El Paso, Tx.... Pasco County, Fl.... Gwinnett County, Ga.

Ive only seen bits and pieces of the show over the past few years, usually too busy.
Something to watch while Im on happy pills ;)

Just saw there is a new version of the show focusing on Fire & EMS
That I will have to DVR

Reactions: firebuff17

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I was actually tempted to start a thread critiquing the setups seen... good call lol.

As for OHP, front cut off and the Moose Lights have become quite a statewide thing.

Reactions: LineSpotter

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
Another one that is just WAAAAAAAAAAY too 'busy' IMO
Would be more effective with all three heads on each side just alternating
The lighting in the backup and brake housings were just about useless

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Live PD features nearly every wrong choice for emergency lighting/sirens available - from splitfail, insufficient coverage, misplaced colors, incorrect siren usage, and more. It's essentially a rolling advertisement for vendors.

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
Live PD features nearly every wrong choice for emergency lighting/sirens available - from splitfail, insufficient coverage, misplaced colors, incorrect siren usage, and more. It's essentially a rolling advertisement for vendors.

Ive seen some good set up, but yes quite a few bad as well

Here is video of the one above, pretty bad IMO
Just alternate all the red / blue slow & steady
Ditch the rest of the crappy lights in the tail lights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.