3 Pod Cuda LED Vector

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I've spent the last few days on this thing. I cut the frame down from a normal Smart Vector that had cut cables & more assorted problems. The LEDs & brackets are out of a FedSig Raydian that I parted out. I didn't cut any of the brackets, just drilled holes in them.

Federal never used this type of LED in their 3 pod Vectors; they always used Solaris LEDs. They used 3 modules on each outboard pod - from what I can tell - one facing the rear, one facing the front & one facing the side & 2 stacked in the front center.

Mine is set up the same way but with 2 facing each side instead of one.

I'm not done with this one yet, I have all the wires pulled but still need to order new domes, a LED flasher & have to put magnets & a cable on it.

I was also contemplating angling the top LED modules on the outboard ends if space allows.

Here it is as it sits now...

3podLED1.JPG

3podLED2.JPG

3podLED3.JPG

3podLED4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Looks great!.. what sort of flash sequence do you use?

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I was hoping to run a 27 pattern sho-me flasher in it; which I don't have yet.

My plan was to put all of the left pod & the lower LED module from the center pod on the left flasher output & the rest on the right output.

I'd LIKE to run a Whelen flasher or 2 but I'd more than likely have to buy 2 of them & they're not exactly cheap.

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
Just curious, not familiar with the Raydian LED modules, what is the amp draw on each LED module. Remember, the Sho_me flasher is rated 3 amps per side.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
Henry455 said:
Just curious, not familiar with the Raydian LED modules, what is the amp draw on each LED module. Remember, the Sho_me flasher is rated 3 amps per side.

I forget the rating, I did look it up though. I know the blue were more draw. *Just checked, amber modules (9 LEDs) draw 0.78 amps each.

I have 1 sho-me flasher in my arjent running 12 modules (all red).

I'll try getting a video when I get it done :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here are the pics

3pod1.jpg

3pod2.jpg

3pod3.jpg

3pod4.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Looks nice! Interesting flash pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.