3 WSP troopers dead in fire

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Man that is just terrible! RIP guys!

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Such a tragedy...they are in our prayers.

Off topic, I noticed the male trooper's pictures in full uniform that have an unusual feature. Are WSP uniforms standard with bowties or is that part of a dress uniform? Just curious.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Tough week for these guys...Rest In Peace

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
03crownvic said:

Off topic, I noticed the male trooper's pictures in full uniform that have an unusual feature. Are WSP uniforms standard with bowties or is that part of a dress uniform? Just curious.

That is their dress uniform. New Mexico has a bow tie, too.

Rest in piece guys, we'll take it from here.

Mike L.

May 21, 2010
Everett, WA
03crownvic said:

The bow tie is part of their standard uniform. WSP does not have class A's, they go on patrol looking like they do in the photo and have been named best dressed police agency in the country for the past several years. They do have bdu's for their commercial guys, bomb squad, swat, k9, etc. But get pulled over by a regular trooper and that is how they will be dressed bow tie and all.

It was confirmed today that 3 bodies were removed from the residence though it will take dental records to confirm the identities. A arson dog hit on an accelerant at the fire scene but it will take further investigation to determine if it was arson or just some normal petroleum product.

This hits close to home for me as my great grandfather was a WSP trooper and perished in a fire the summer before i was born - his hat badge is in my safe as a symbol to always do the right thing.

RIP troopers

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.