?313 3rd st apt b cp 8 1-10 66 y/o f a+ox4, OMG!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
rsq911....

Saw this in Ann Arbor

mms_picture.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i was lookin at all these numbers and thinkin john turned into a spam bot

313 third st apartment 3, 66 year old female who is alert with 8 out of 10 chest pain.

spike91

Jun 11, 2010
New York
Personally I think its a good idea for certain situations. At the same time, these poor dispatchers are fucked. They're going to need a few years of school to learn how to decipher the shit they're going to be fed.

May 22, 2010
MI, USofA
spike91 said:
Personally I think its a good idea for certain situations. At the same time, these poor dispatchers are fucked. They're going to need a few years of school to learn how to decipher the shit they're going to be fed.

I actually recall when I worked in dispatch a couple years ago that they went over some of that. can't remember why, since we didn't get texts, I THINK they were in the process of moving TOWARD receiving them ... but I remember that they talked about tsome of that type of thing ...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there was an article in our paper a few weeks back of a text enhanced 911 system where if you were being kidnaped or home invasion type situation (or deaf /mute) you could text for 911 service and it would also deal with pix/flix messages for "patient or situation assesments"

Straps.pdf

Attachments

• Straps.pdf
    300 bytes · Views: 8

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Black Hawk County, Iowa implemented the first "text 911" system in the United States last August. At first it was only usable by people who had T-Mobile as their wireless provider, I'm sure they've added most other carriers by now. They are also hoping to be able to receive picture and video messages in the future. I haven't heard much about it since August 2009, even though they're 1 county to my north.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Stolen from another board:

OMG Iz B-ing ROBD LOLZ Send popo plz thx!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
We have a bunch of card in the office that say 'Txt a popo 2 sav a life' but have never heard of the program being used. All I can think of is this ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s317_ryanlong1_textmessage.jpg

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Something for dispatchers to hate more than cell calls!!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
We got a "texted" information call a couple weeks ago. Asked dispatch for more info and they said they didn't have a call back number, the info was "texted." None of the officers knew WTF they were talking about, as we'd never been informed there was such a thing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.