4" round Light head

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
So there are a few 4" round warning light heads out there but I have no experience with them. Anyone out there have any experience/ Favorites?

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The Whelen PAR32s are probably the best out there. They are two LINZ6s in a round light so they are really bright with good off axis output.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
For that I would use a star round head or a maxxima head. Ill post links once I get back to my computer but both are popular with our garbage truck and utility customers.

Oct 27, 2010
Irving TX
I'm looking for warning lights. I'm already planning to add sound off 1400's to the rack, so i'm wanting to take out the backup lights and replace them with 4" round warning lights

Sep 20, 2012
Canberra, Australia
We have used Whelen PAR 32's on ACT ambulances for the last few years as steady-burn amber perimeter marking lights and fender mounted red intersection lights. We tested about 30 different lights and these were the best for short and long distance viewing. Their great talent is they have wide coverage without glare at short ranges and they increase in intensity as the distance from the vehicle increases. The paramedics can switch on the amber steady-burn lightheads at the kerbside when parked outside homes on suburban streets or while parked on median strips at accident scenes along busy roads - often a much safer option than flashing red/blues. The amber lights also operate during emergency response to provide other drivers with a constant reference point amidst the other flashing lights (see image).

Some rural fire brigades in Australia use paired white PAR 32's as an alternative to flashing headlights as the halogen globes in headlights tend not to have very long life. We are very happy with the PAR 32's except for their price in Australia which is quite high when compared to other countries.

Ambulance responding P1- Adelaide Ave - Smudged.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
I currently have 2 axixtech par36-10 led- 4" led lightheads where my fog lights had an insert. Great little light for the price I paid.about $90 each

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Check out the Rontan M6Q36. They are extremely bright and also have dual input. I have them in stock in blue and Amber, but red, white, or green usually ship within a week. They are also very thin, so they will fit in your headache rack no problem. the dual input would allow you to tie it to your brake signal, but also be used as a warning light.

they are $90 each and come with a 6 year warranty.

Below I have a blue one flashing away in direct sunlight, it is in it's included surface mount bezel, but it does fit in a standard 4" grommet mount. Note, video never does lights justice in color or intesity, but it still does a dang good job on camera.

Rontan makes another version called the galaxy36-g36. it is pretty bright too, but it does not compare to the M6Q36. the galaxy's run $72 each but I do not keep stock.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.