4200 Mini amp draw question

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Hello all; looking to see if anybody may be able to shed some light on this for me. Please accept my appreciation in advance.

I am going to be implementing a 4200 mini for the new direction I am going with the setup in my personal vehicle. One side of the controller will be controlling very low amperage activation wires for my whelen Alpha SL, which is connected to +/- on its own. However, the left hand side of the controller I will be using for all lights to front, rear, and the third switch for white illumination/flood mode.

My question is if anybody knows if an output can switch more than the 3.5A feniex says it can, as long as the total amp draw from the unit does not exceed 20A. All Feniex really says on their site is "3.5 x 6" amps.

Of course I understand the rather small gauge of wire used for the outputs must be taken into account, but I am mainly talking about around 5 amps for 2 of the outlets and 3 for the third.

Please let me know if any clarification is needed. Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.