4200 Mini

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Anyone know about the built in wig-wag function?  Is it only for LED light heads, or will it work with halogen bulbs?  

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They have been shipping. our last round of preorders will be here this week.

Reactions: hfdemt4095

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Make a video! There's no videos anywhere of it in action

Its a six button switch panel... Its not an ultra rare Mars triangular oscillating light with a solid gold base and diamond lense.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Its a six button switch panel... Its not an ultra rare Mars triangular oscillating light with a solid gold base and diamond lense.
kind of what i was thinking. I turns things on and off..

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
take a pic next to a dollar bill.....

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Will this do?

I got one a couple weeks ago. The housing is all cast aluminum. The face is plastic and the buttons are a rubber. It has a very solid feel to it, not some little plastic-y thing. I haven't hooked it up yet but the initial feel is "wow".
20160104_153622.jpg 20160104_153633.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
That would distract and irritate the hell out of me.

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
As I look at the button legends, I see that this switch is capable of controlling a siren as well. Does anyone know if you can hook up a non-Feniex siren to this controller?
I currently have a Galls 100w remote siren, and the provided switch annoys the heck out of me. I would love to be able to control my lights AND siren from one small control panel like this.

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
Lol, short and sweet, thankyou Jarred:)

One other quick question. Reading the literature, I see that this controller allows for the switches to be set as "momentary". Any experience or does anyone know if, say I'm running to a call with the "wail" tone, and I press the momentary "air horn"....will it override the siren for the air horn tone, then flip back to the siren tone?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Has anybody done any durability & waterproof testing yet? I was impressed when I read that it was waterproof (ideal size and option for ATVs, boats, etc) and I'm sure Feniex did its fair share of testing, but I'd like to see some footage of it (i.e. Pimp's torture testing of lightheads)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Has anybody done any durability & waterproof testing yet? I was impressed when I read that it was waterproof (ideal size and option for ATVs, boats, etc) and I'm sure Feniex did its fair share of testing, but I'd like to see some footage of it (i.e. Pimp's torture testing of lightheads)

I've done it but I don't think we are going to get around to editing video until after our move. Too much going on over the next couple months to get to all of the videos we need to edit and post.

Lol, short and sweet, thankyou Jarred:)

One other quick question. Reading the literature, I see that this controller allows for the switches to be set as "momentary". Any experience or does anyone know if, say I'm running to a call with the "wail" tone, and I press the momentary "air horn"....will it override the siren for the air horn tone, then flip back to the siren tone?

Depends on the siren but most likely yes. If your siren has the standard set up there is a constant switch for wail / yelp and a momentary for manual / airhorn.

That functionality is built into the siren it's self so as long as it's wired correctly your good to go.

Reactions: DiverCop

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
Depends on the siren but most likely yes. If your siren has the standard set up there is a constant switch for wail / yelp and a momentary for manual / airhorn.

That functionality is built into the siren it's self so as long as it's wired correctly your good to go.

Sounds like its the switch for me!

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
They only thing I disliked about the switch panel is the way the wires just come out of the back of the unit... I would rather have seen some type of molex connector or something. Seems like it could be a potential point of failure over time.

Reactions: Core Public Safety

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They only thing I disliked about the switch panel is the way the wires just come out of the back of the unit... I would rather have seen some type of molex connector or something. Seems like it could be a potential point of failure over time.

If it was being moved around often I could see this concern being valid. As long as there is not tension put on the wires they should theoretically last as long as the vehicle last.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

The wire entry point is filled with hard epoxy. You'd have to give it a pretty good tug to dislodge one, I think.

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
Some of the Galls Sirens are ground switched so this switch may not work for you without using some sort of relay setup to switch the polarity.

Any idea which ones? The one I currently have hooked up is the Galls ST110. Appears to be positive switching coming from the amp and according to the wiring diagram.

Just trying to save some $$ and not rip the whole thing out if I don't have to.

May 21, 2010
Wilmington, MA
Any idea which ones? The one I currently have hooked up is the Galls ST110. Appears to be positive switching coming from the amp and according to the wiring diagram.

Just trying to save some $$ and not rip the whole thing out if I don't have to.

That is actually the siren I just installed and looking the wiring diagram it does show the switches are ground controlled. I ended up having to make a relay box to make it work with the Mini 4200... not difficult just an extra step.

Reactions: DiverCop

May 22, 2010
New York City
I got a question, I want to hook up the 4200 Mini and use the wig wag for some leds... So would i put channel 1 on the GREEN wire and channel 2 on the WHITE wire, if i choose those 2 for the function ?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I got a question, I want to hook up the 4200 Mini and use the wig wag for some leds... So would i put channel 1 on the GREEN wire and channel 2 on the WHITE wire, if i choose those 2 for the function ?

Yes, and wig wag only uses those 2 outputs. Switch 1 is the on/off and switch 2 becomes the pattern selector.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yes. They can control whatever you want that simply needs a switch

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
as I am looking at videos and installation manuals, this unit will ONLY turn on with the master switch? This is not an ignition turn on unit like the big brother 4200?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
No their is no ignition input, instead it has the on/off button. You would have to use a relay if you wanted to wire it to the ignition.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.