Wanted 45" Aerodynic frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfryan

May 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Hi all -

I'm looking for a replacement frame for my NYPD Aero. Only need the black base, not the rest. If anyone has one reasonable, let me know please. The one I have has 7 screws that are broken off and if I can find one I don't have to drill out, it would make my life easier.

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Take it to a machine shop and have them drill and tap..
cost me $30 to do my 24S frame... and it was worse.

jfryan

May 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Never thought of that... Thanks for the suggestion. Found a couple to contact. What size openings did you end up with? Did you tell them how big, or were they able to just fix those?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I gave them the dimensions of the screws that went in it.
and thread pitch of 8/32 if its the screws that secure the base to the frame.

Off the top of my head I do not remember the screw sizes.. I have them written somewhere on my bench... could also check Federal's website. or if you have any of the screws its probably best to bring one of them with you so they can test fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.