4500 Rota-Beam

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Scott, That bar is awesome !!!!!
Just when I said that I don't like LEDs............. You come up with that.
All amber would really ROCK.

Thanks Pete (though credit is to Whelen not me). I don't know if the simulated LED rotator is necessarily more effective than a bar with just flashing LEDs, but it's certainly prettier. That's particularly the case with the patterns that roll the light back and forth like the geared AeroDynics do so beautifully.

Last edited:

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Looks great! I’m inclined to agree less effective but prettier. I’m finishing a 4500 myself with 12 6over6’s and 2 400 series strobes on a opticom PS. It’s one bright sucker!

Nicely done!

If you have a line on any more rota beam reds for the 4500 let me know.

Thanks!
Seth

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
i have a beacon version on mt RTV i love the thing for plowing throws off light,

nice bar and some one if lookings chonky and wanted a nap

Reactions: gtpts27

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Just when I saw a favorite flash pattern, another one comes along. Very nice setup.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
That is a beautiful product. Especially with the incorporation of mirrors. The best patterns are at 0:56 and at 2:50. I don't like the seizure-inducing hyper-speed patterns.

Reactions: OliverD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.