5-0 Dash lights

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Windycity411 said:
What colors was the five-o available in? I used to see them in split red/blue on the local tac & detective cars.

From my understanding it was available in the standard colors: red, blue, amber, clear, red/blue, and green.

However, you can make them any color you desire by using gel filters commonly used for stage/theatre lights.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
iv got 2 working on a 3rd

clux

Apr 7, 2014
Nebraska
Gentlemen, a newby here who knows nothing about light bars, with a question.

I got one of these Five-O emergency beacons in a box of holsters I bought on e-bay, it's in really good condition with about a 6 foot long cord and a cigarette power adapter on the end. Model is 9218 RB, it's got red and blue gels installed, the mirrors, a spare blue gel, the original instructions/ warranty form and factory box.

Anyway, I have no use for it, planning on listing it on e-bay just wondering what a realistic value of these are? Sticker on the box says it sold for $82.99 new.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
clux said:
Gentlemen, a newby here who knows nothing about light bars, with a question.

I got one of these Five-O emergency beacons in a box of holsters I bought on e-bay, it's in really good condition with about a 6 foot long cord and a cigarette power adapter on the end. Model is 9218 RB, it's got red and blue gels installed, the mirrors, a spare blue gel, the original instructions/ warranty form and factory box.

Anyway, I have no use for it, planning on listing it on e-bay just wondering what a realistic value of these are? Sticker on the box says it sold for $82.99 new.

Tony...you've got a bunch of them...what's your suggestion? I'd like one myself, eventually.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'd pay $50 right now plus shipping for it. If you can get it on ebay and not have the ebay police pull it I think you could get closer to $100. It all depends on the day and the buyer. And again, those darn ebay police...

Let me know if you're interested in my offer and I can send you payment today.

-Tony

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
...number 16 is on the way! :D

Don't be too sad though, this means I will be selling some of my other lights (and further discounting what's currently for sale).

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Skip Goulet said:
If you're gonna sell one, let me know!

I can't say I will be selling one anytime soon Skip. However, there is a decent one on eBay right now. I tried to get the seller to come down on the price, but he won't budge so I am passing on it.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Well, thanks to clux I have the latest addition to the collection and it is complete with the box and instructions! This is the first box I have ever seen for one. :thumbsup: :woohoo: :dance:

Note that the box lists all of the color combinations possible. Much more than I knew of. I will attempt to reconfigure the ones in my collection to match. I
may end up selling the extras after that.

box.jpg

all.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Man, I used to sell a boat load of these. Right after becoming a dealer and saying "these will never sell". Only down fall, they get HOT. I would love to have some of the more popular colors that I sold. BWB, RWR, AWA, GWG, RB, A, R, B. So just a couple.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
badge22 said:
Man, I used to sell a boat load of these. Right after becoming a dealer and saying "these will never sell". Only down fall, they get HOT. I would love to have some of the more popular colors that I sold. BWB, RWR, AWA, GWG, RB, A, R, B. So just a couple.

I have noticed how hot they get too. It could certainly be dangerous situation should it stop rotating and the light melts the plastic.

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I had one of these years back, and just after I got it I got to thinking "Hey, why not a roof-mount version of this?". So I wrote to the manufacturer asking if they had a top assembly that didn't have the attached mirrors. A while later I recived a package in the mail containing the regular top part (with mirrors), and a nice letter saying that unfortunately they did not produce a mirror-less version, but they were sending a spare top at no charge in case I wanted to experiment with cutting off the mirrors.

I actually did try cutting the mirrors off with a Dremel and cutoff wheel, but the results were less than professional in appearance, and in any case, the design wasn't really suited to outdoor use, being not at all weatherproof. I'm not sure what I did with that top, but I believe my brother-in-law may still have the light.

MSP1989SSP

Aug 18, 2011
United States/Midwest
I can't say I will be selling one anytime soon Skip. However, there is a decent one on eBay right now. I tried to get the seller to come down on the price, but he won't budge so I am passing on it.
The seller on eBay finally lowered the price to $79.99. This solid blue version is now on it's way to me.

Reactions: tsquale

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
The last one I got had locked up, and melted the flash shield to the clear lens.

Clarence

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The seller on eBay finally lowered the price to $79.99. This solid blue version is now on it's way to me.
Glad someone on here got it! Are you going to bring your SSP to this show () on the 20th?

The last one I got had locked up, and melted the flash shield to the clear lens.

Clarence
This seems to be a common issue with Five-0s

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I actually did try cutting the mirrors off with a Dremel and cutoff wheel, but the results were less than professional in appearance, and in any case, the design wasn't really suited to outdoor use, being not at all weatherproof. I'm not sure what I did with that top, but I believe my brother-in-law may still have the light.
Did you live in Illinois? I found these on FBM the other day:

received_2684687075161589.jpeg
Unfortunately, although I'd expressed an interest and agreed to the price, when I got off duty today and contacted the seller, he'd sold them to a guy who bought some other lights last night.

<insert very loud and angry list of expletives>

Oh well... the search continues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.