5 yr old with terminal cancer wants one Christmas gift and you can make it come true

What are you sending?

• Total voters

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Real simple.

He would like a card from emergency personnel. It doesn't matter if you are full time, part time, volunteer, EMS, fire, or law enforcement.

EMS agencies help child with cancer - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News, Weather, Traffic & Sports

Please send your card to:

Nathan

81 Dunivan Drive

Rustburg, VA 24588

I am going to see if we can make a video for the little guy and maybe get an old helmet out of storage and paint it up for him.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mods, if you see this unfit to post on this board, please delete it. I am unsure of the rules when it comes to asking for donations, even in the form of Christmas cards. Thanks.

Retaks

Aug 5, 2012
SE PA
We had copy's of the actual letter from the State Police going around all the local fire stations here to get people to contribute to this.

Ronnie229

Apr 24, 2011
USA NC
My department is sending him a department shirt with all our names on it. Will be delivered by some members

on one of our vehicles DEC 10. Of course, we're only a couple three hours away.

Happy Holidaze!

Ronnie

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Ronnie229 said:
My department is sending him a department shirt with all our names on it. Will be delivered by some members
on one of our vehicles DEC 10. Of course, we're only a couple three hours away.

Happy Holidaze!

Ronnie

Might check and see if he can have visitors. A group of us were going to go there this past Sunday and make a delivery but we couldnt ever get an answer if visitors were allowed.

mc11984

Sep 12, 2011
North Carolina
I got a soft spot for sick kids. I worked for hospice and saw more than I ever wanted to see in this situation, and am a strong advocate for the Make a Wish program, and granting requests like this. This is a simple request from a kid with a complicated life. My department will be putting something together in the next few days to get to him.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
CPDG23 said:
Mods, if you see this unfit to post on this board, please delete it. I am unsure of the rules when it comes to asking for donations, even in the form of Christmas cards. Thanks.

We support it 100%

I've stuck the thread for better visibility.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I've contacted by old department back home and will be in touch with my chief of my local department tonight.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Wife and I are personnaly sending one each, also getting company and cousins companies to send some

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Please vote in the poll, you can select as many options as needed. This will help us get a running tally on what is being sent.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
My wife sent an EMT patch along with her card, I included a letter in mine. The fire company one the whole company signed and sent a department patch. My cousin's company, Central Valley of Woodbury,NY, sent a card,patch,hat and t-shirt.

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Irsh42 said:
Is anyone able to send him a department badge?

A local Sheriff gave him one. I wanted too, but I'm not allowed :( , so I'm sending a challenge coin.

521855_4443075227597_1212009812_n.jpg

photo from facebook

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Ok so we are planing a visit on January 7th I have been in contact with one of his family member at the last meeting all of our members signed a card and we will be bringing a tee shirt a patch a sticker and possibly and asst chief badge for him we will be sure to get plenty of pictures for you guys to see how it works out. Now as long as the world doesn't end on Friday we will be good lol

jm505

Nov 22, 2010
usa, elmont, ny
Its a wonderful thing what everyone is doing here, really shows the world what heart for people first responders have. great job, lets keep up the good deeds. How is nathan doing? better i hope.

Dkellam

Jan 18, 2013
Virginia, USA
Irsh42 said:
Thats great! Does anyone have any new sources/personal source to confirm this? (no offense to Dkellam, my FD is just woundering and I don't want to miss lead them)

No offense taken. Just passing along what I had heard at the station :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.