500 watt par 36

lenny77

this is new to me 500 watt par 36 bulbs, was told there for aircraft foward landing gear lights. so tempted to put one in a stinger. and possibly melt a hole right thru the dome... if i can find the site i will post a link..

lenny77

i just want to see how bright that would really be, although im not sure what voltage planes use for lighting.

ckgarside

Registered Member
The 500W ones are typically installed on aircraft with 28VDC electrical systems.

The highest wattage I've seen is vehicle range (14VDC) is 250W

ERM

Passed Away
Also, there is usually a delay built into them, so no external flasher usage. Already asked Whelen when a customer inquired about using an LED aircraft lighthead with a flasher.

Tony

toon80

Veteran Member
Wouldn't the amp pull melt the inner lightbar cables? That's a lot of juice for a bar meant to usually have a max of 60watts PARs...

lenny77

if it melts down we have the technology to build it faster, stronger, better. Just think about that bulb in a post mount unity.. PULL OVER OR I'LL MELT YOUR CAR.

unlisted

Gold Donor
I have a 600 watt Par36 120VAC (diffused lens) light.. its bright as f... its a studio/film light from the late 70's.

I can't imagine that in a beacon.. forget melting a plastic lens, it'd melt a glass lens!

Sigma Safety

Lightbarnut

I just upgraded 3 Mars 888 lights on a rig from 4416 30w to H7604 50w bulbs. This was an optional upgrade direct from Mars that apparently not many chose. 100,000 extra candles sounds good to me.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Donor
500 watt bulb is only around 41.6666666667 amps, so that be less than a streethawk? LOL

Secure Browsing

Search for a Member

Top Bottom