Wanted 6V Mechanical Siren and 6V Wig-Wag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2014
TX
I'm restoring a 30's sedan that used to be a fire chief's car...the original siren is missing, and it has red lights set up on the A-pillars that were likely solid red, but we'd like to re-finish them in wig-wag form.  The car is 6V, and the gear will need to match that.  I'm not particular on what siren I want, since I don't know what was installed originally.  Let me see/hear what you've got.

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
6V Wig-Wags can be done using two relays one SPDT Relay and electronic flasher

Hook the highbeams to terminals 87 & 87a then flash the trigger to the relay. Supply power to the flasher and the relay from another relay.

Mouser Relay

Newark

There are a number of electronic 6V flashers any 2 terminal unit will work for this application.

Reactions: OSP959(R)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.