70RC6FCR steady burn?

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
8DDC4512-CE25-4376-98AE-DC82C68A7139.jpeg

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but can you not make these lightheads steady burn?

Clear and red split color. I’ve tried and tried and also used my scan lock programmer no success.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And the answer is......

Steady-Burn models require a LED flasher, purchased separately

Attachments

• 13901.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 12

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
This isn’t a steady burn model. The SCR is a steady burn lighthead that needs an external flasher. I was trying to get this “flashing light head” to a steady burn mode.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And that is the document associated with that lighthead you posted a photo of based on model number on the back directly from whelen... Other then that specific info that you say doesn't apply you will have to contact whelen directly. It shows you have a low power 12 volt model, according to the wiring you use the standard pattern for your model and pattern 14 is steady. So color me confused....

Reactions: Tony P

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
And that is the document associated with that lighthead you posted a photo of based on model number on the back directly from whelen... Other then that specific info that you say doesn't apply you will have to contact whelen directly. It shows you have a low power 12 volt model, according to the wiring you use the standard pattern for your model and pattern 14 is steady. So color me confused....
Guess I should have been more clear when I posted the update. I already spoke to Whelen and found out that this model is not capable of a steady burn pattern.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
So the document they posted is a lie, cause it specifically lists that model light running a specific pattern choice and listing what mode allows that light to be steady burn. Wow those guys are really screwed up then!

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
I know! That’s why I wasted so much time going through those patterns. Finally had enough and called. They should have at least had another document for that specific light head or just included in the document you sent saying steady burn not available.

Hopefully this will save someone in the future from wasting their time like I did :rolleyes::cool:

Appreciate the pdf you sent anyway though!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.