86" Flush Mount Advantedge, NOS, $189!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Damn, they have the PCCS9R for $100 off what everyone else sells them for! Of course I see this AFTER buying the stuff to just setup a Wildcard.

Nice grab, Tony! Going to display it with the plastic still on it?

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Damn, they have the PCCS9R for $100 off what everyone else sells them for! Of course I see this AFTER buying the stuff to just setup a Wildcard.

Nice grab, Tony! Going to display it with the plastic still on it?
Haven't decided yet, but more than likely the plastic will come off

Mar 23, 2015
Valley View, PA
I bit on a PCCS9RW. Upon arrival it was marked remanufactured (90 day warranty). I'm not disappointed with a refurb, mind you, it just wasn't advertised as such.

I suspect that most of the product available through that link is refurb - hence the password being "whelenre".

I am however disappointed that it didn't come with a label sheet for the pushbuttons and I'm trying to contact them to see if they can remedy that particular shortcoming. Failing that - anyone know where to get just the labels?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I bit on a PCCS9RW. Upon arrival it was marked remanufactured (90 day warranty). I'm not disappointed with a refurb, mind you, it just wasn't advertised as such.

I suspect that most of the product available through that link is refurb - hence the password being "whelenre".

I am however disappointed that it didn't come with a label sheet for the pushbuttons and I'm trying to contact them to see if they can remedy that particular shortcoming. Failing that - anyone know where to get just the labels?
I use the site on which this was purchased, it is all retired and remanufactured items. There are no "new" items for sale there at all.

There are two categories of items listed:  

Remanufactured Products

All items have been tested, and include all standard installation hardware and manuals (may contain minor blemishes). 

All photos are for reference only. Some details including color and options may vary.

For information on any of these products, please call us

Retired Products

All items have been tested, and include all standard installation hardware and manuals.

All photos are for reference only. Some details including color and options may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 23, 2015
Valley View, PA
I use that site, and there are two clear categories (direct quotes below):  

Remanufactured Products

All items have been tested, and include all standard installation hardware and manuals (may contain minor blemishes). 

For information on any of these products, please call us

Retired Products

All items have been tested, and include all standard installation hardware and manuals.

JohnMarcson - thanks for the reply.

I guess I just missed it in the excitement of getting the switch I needed for a darn good price. I stand corrected.

However, I still have 2 questions: Should this have come with new labels since it was reman? And where can I get them? see below

Thanks.

Mar 23, 2015
Valley View, PA
Quick update: I just got a reply and they (advanced emergency products) are sending a label sheet out to me right away.

Great prices, and good service thus far I must say.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
However, I still have 2 questions: Should this have come with new labels since it was reman? And where can I get them?

Thanks.

I'd call or email them.  In the last incarnation of that site I got a remanufacturered siren that was defective.  They offered me a refund or a different refurbed one, my choice.  I'd reach out to them politely, it's possible they have some or will simply get them for you.   Doesn't hurt to ask.  The PCS I ordered from them had the labels inside the printed manual "packet". 

edit- They replied and are sending you one.  I had a feeling they'd help you out.  

Mar 23, 2015
Valley View, PA
 I'd call or email them.  In the last incarnation of that site I got a remanufacturered siren that was defective.  They offered me a refund or a different refurbed one, my choice.  I'd reach out to them politely, it's possible they have some or will simply get them for you.   Doesn't hurt to ask.  The PCS I ordered from them had the labels inside the printed manual "packet". 

edit- They replied and are sending you one.  I had a felling they'd help you out.  
JohnMarcson - again, thanks for the reply.

I did just that - it seems good service is a common theme for them. I pulled everything out of the box and layed it all out on the counter and found no labels. They are sending me a sheet right away. Again, I am very happy with their service.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
JohnMarcson - again, thanks for the reply.

I did just that - it seems good service is a common theme for them. I pulled everything out of the box and layed it all out on the counter and found no labels. They are sending me a sheet right away. Again, I am very happy with their service.
As far as not noticing the categories, I have done one "worse".   That site is like a candy store, I got distracted, didn't fully read.... and ended up with a 36v LED for like $8 .  I sold it on ebay for $20, marked clearly.  The guy buys it and wants to return it, because he didn't notice it was 36v. lol..

Reactions: rwo978 and unlisted

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The bar I got was very much new. It came in the sealed box from Whelen and did not have the remanufactured tag other items I've purchased have had. The company sold it to me as new, never used and I believe them.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The bar I got was very much new. It came in the sealed box from Whelen and did not have the remanufactured tag other items I've purchased have had. The company sold it to me as new, never used and I believe them.
This reply is a little misleading.... I bought one of these bars as well.  The items sold on the site referenced may be new in the sense that they were never mounted, but they are all either retired, remanufactured, overstocks etc.  The people running the site do sell "new" Whelen products in another section, but the section these are purchased from does not contain any "new" order products.  They may be NOS, NIB etc, but not a traditional "new" purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.