9/11 Ambulance Unit

I saw this old video of emergency vehicles responding on 9/11. The last vehicle had a loud train horn thing and a SP Mark 7. I can’t tell what unit it is because of then poor video quality. I was wondering if anyone here could help.

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
I agree with EHFD_Tower_75! It's difficult to stop the video to see, but I do see the mirror-reverse of the word PARAMEDICS across the front.
I'd like to know which siren and air-horn it was using!

allen5565

Mar 1, 2013
Montgomery County, MD
That was a Long Island College Hospital Isuzu/Braun unit, from Brooklyn Heights. I know the hospital's ambulances included some Traffic Blasters on some of their units, but I have forgotten if the Isuzus, (I believe there were two, with Ford E-series making up the rest,) were so equipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: classifieds869294
Aug 25, 2016
NYC
That was a Long Island College Hospital Isuzu/Braun unit, from Brooklyn Heights.

This is correct, I went down the rabbit hole a few years ago on this unusual unit. Here’s another of their ambulances from that same day, note the same livery and siren.

I'd like to know which siren and air-horn it was using!

It’s a SP (Scientific Prototypes) Mark 7, like OP said. Good chance it’s a former NYPD unit too, a lot of private ambulance companies used them into the early 00’s. Most notably Columbia Presbyterian, there’s a few clips of them on YouTube

Last edited:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Found another video of it. Seems more high quality. Even though it’s appearence is brief.
I like the slow rising PA300 wail (2:08 - 2:26). It's either a silver face or early black face unit. A Mack CF series fire engine pulls up after the siren stops.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.