Wanted 911ep CID (Millennium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.mo

Nov 3, 2017
Minneapolis
Need help or need to buy?

My CID for my millennium seems to be intermittently communicating with my light bar. The bar will flash its pattern then turn-off and then back on to the pattern in use. When looking at my CID the yellow/amber light will flicker on and off or steady-burn dull.

any idea if that means I have an easily diagnosable problem or if that means that I need to buy a new one.

If it helps, it’s the newer CID with the bay of individual wiring instead of the version that had a harness that was plugged in.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Attachments

• 058A2AD5-61FC-439F-87DE-BE98BF1EDB20.jpeg
    058A2AD5-61FC-439F-87DE-BE98BF1EDB20.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 22849A30-88F5-497B-ABEC-477310E22E60.jpeg
    22849A30-88F5-497B-ABEC-477310E22E60.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 10

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Kevin I think I have a spare yet. Are you certain that all of your connections are good? Steady power source, good ground, no cuts in the wires, etc

k.mo

Nov 3, 2017
Minneapolis
I had it wired up wonderfully. Went on vacation and disconnected all of the bars from power as to avoid hazard. When I re-connected, I was all good to go. Then as I was tussling with the connections I closed a loop (not great; sparks, flames, you know the drill I’m sure) and now I have this. See attached video and play the one with a close-up of the CID at full volume.
(Apparently the iPhone video doesn’t upload to this post), but there’s a very audible draw of power and then a power down. When you hear the draw of power, the bar powers and lights. When the intermittent draw stops, so too do the lights. And it all comes from the CID.

I think I may have shorted something in the CID when I closed the loop.

What’s your spare CID run? ...If you’ve still got it.

Thanks,
Kevin

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Ooooh, not good. Yes something definitely shorted. Could be the CID or could be in the bar itself; which could make an easy fix unlikely due to how they are constructed and set up. I'll check tomorrow for the CID and shoot you a PM. Might be something where we can work out a time for me to head up your way to see if a different CID fixes it, that way if it doesn't you aren't out the money for it.

k.mo

Nov 3, 2017
Minneapolis
All good Tony. I’m going to be out of town for work for a few days anyway.
Let me know what you find when you find it. We’ll go from there. Appreciate the note.

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
If Tony can't find his spare. I'm pretty sure I have an extra. I also have some other Millennium parts, but almost all are from a first gen black bar and may not be compatible with the silver bars.

There are also some CIDs up for sale on eBay, $45 + shipping. In fact, that's probably where I bought the couple I have, though that was a couple of years ago when I bought a damaged Millennium I haven't gotten around to restoring yet. They must be falling out of demand, with most folks probably just giving-up on bars that they couldn't find a CID for years ago.

Reactions: k.mo

k.mo

Nov 3, 2017
Minneapolis
That’s good lookin out.
I’ve opened up my CID and didn’t see any signs of burning or shorting. It’s my larger fear that I’ve partially fried the bar. Next step is to take the bar apart and see if there’s a fuse that blew on one of the end caps for a quick fix and if god forbid it’s something harder to diagnose.

Hoping it’s easy.

Any guidance or easy to follow instructions or videos are much appreciated.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.