911EP Galaxy?

Matt Feist

Dec 7, 2015
South Dakota
I might have the option to acquire one 911 EP Galaxy bar. 48" or so. I haven't seen them in person yet but saw a few pics. We are going to redo one for an upcoming fire truck. We are wondering how we can get a hold of the control box? I'm certain these came off our state troopers cars judging by the size and condition they are in. But it's just the bars and wires cut, no control boxes. Anyone have any advice on this? ( We're a small town volunteer fire department ). Few of the whackers want to use them on POV as well. HAHA.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
There are some 911EP gurus on here that I am sure will chime in. There were bars by 911EP that required a control box and some that didn’t require it. I can tell you that the control boxes are hard to come by though.
@tsquale might know better. If memory serves me he might be one of the 911EP gurus.

Reactions: Tony P and tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
You rang?! LOL Thanks for the tag @firebuff17

@Matt Feist there were two versions of the 911ep Galaxy. The standard Galaxy, which works with any set of switches when 12v power is applied; and the Galaxy Elite, which requires a CID box much like the 911ep Millennium did. HOWEVER, the CID box for the Galaxy Elite is different than the CID box for the Millennium. If the bar you are looking at getting is a Galaxy Elite, I would shy away from purchasing it without the proper CID box. The CID boxes for them are very hard to find, whereas the CID boxes for Millenniums are still fairly common.

I have attached for you (and others) the 2006 911ep Catalog, the flyers explaining the differences in the elite vs standard bar, the wiring schematics, and flash pattern lists.

Attachments

• catalog_2006.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • Galaxy_Elite_Schematic.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 16
  • galaxy_flyer.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Galaxy_Install_Guide.pdf
    163.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Galaxy_Schematic.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 17
  • galaxyeliteflashpatterns.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 21
  • galaxyflashpatterns.pdf
    154.9 KB · Views: 18

Matt Feist

Dec 7, 2015
South Dakota
You rang?! LOL Thanks for the tag @firebuff17

@Matt Feist there were two versions of the 911ep Galaxy. The standard Galaxy, which works with any set of switches when 12v power is applied; and the Galaxy Elite, which requires a CID box much like the 911ep Millennium did. HOWEVER, the CID box for the Galaxy Elite is different than the CID box for the Millennium. If the bar you are looking at getting is a Galaxy Elite, I would shy away from purchasing it without the proper CID box. The CID boxes for them are very hard to find, whereas the CID boxes for Millenniums are still fairly common.

I have attached for you (and others) the 2006 911ep Catalog, the flyers explaining the differences in the elite vs standard bar, the wiring schematics, and flash pattern lists.

** Thank you for that information. I do not know for sure. A guy on the fire department said he got a pallet of them for next to nothing. He wants to add one to our newer upcoming grass rig we will be building. And a few of the Whackers, me included, wanted to make them B/B as our state allows for POVs but I told him that I recalled our Highway Patrol had these, and they are retired, but I thought they needed a control box, without it, it's useless. I will message you back once I know for sure.

Thanks for the info!!!

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.