911ep ls12 problem

Tony63031

May 26, 2010
St.Louis , MO
I received a 911EP LS12 blue Friday from a person on here and I've had problems from the get go with it. I went to 911EP's site for wiring instructions before I did anything so everyone knows. When it arrived it wouldn't work at all and suddenly it popped on. Now it either turns on, doesn't turn on at all or between 2 and 3 lights come on and they do nothing. It takes several flips of the switch to get it to work again, but when you shut it off, it starts with the problems all over again. Any advice? God knows this thing has NO manufacture date on it and it has 3 pattern wires and 2 grounds and a positive red wire. I'm done with this useless light and i'm out 65 bucks, a pissed wife and a rear light that I can not afford to replace.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Is this the older or newer style? A picture would be helpful, of the light and of the wiring harness you have. I ran into a similar issue once before. It was the newer style, switched version, that had the cig plug cut off of it. There was a Red (+) a ground (-) a green (+) and a clear wire (+). If I remember correctly the Green activated the light, the clear changed the pattern, and you had to always have power going to the positive and negative, or it would goof up something fierce.

Let me know..

-Drew

Tony63031

May 26, 2010
St.Louis , MO
I think I have it working now. I did have it working fine until I disconnected the energized 12v wire to connect it to the fuse and it acted up again until I disconnected the negative wire let it sit for 20 seconds and reconnected and it started working right again. I have it all i9n and working now so, who wants video lmao. Might as well get it before it acts up again :p

I have to laugh. It keeps me from ragging lol. The wiring set up on this thing is stupid.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have the smae problem with my LS12's. They will work fine for awhile then they act up again. I am thinking about replacing them. They are nice lights when they work properly

Stpappas1

Sep 7, 2022
Mountain Park Oklahoma
I have a 911 EP light bar on our old police car. The battery went dead as the vehicle was sitting for a few days. Now the light bar does not work. Like no power going to it. I tried pulling the main fuse in an attempt to reset the moduel as that worked before but not working this time. Any suggestions?

Stpappas1

Sep 7, 2022
Mountain Park Oklahoma
I think I have it working now. I did have it working fine until I disconnected the energized 12v wire to connect it to the fuse and it acted up again until I disconnected the negative wire let it sit for 20 seconds and reconnected and it started working right again. I have it all i9n and working now so, who wants video lmao. Might as well get it before it acts up again :p

I have to laugh. It keeps me from ragging lol. The wiring set up on this thing is stupid.
Send me that video!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.