911ep millenium question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Calling all 911EP gurus! I have a question about the 911EP millenium and using handheld controllers which top out at 3.5amps per channel. The bar has its own dedicated power/ground, heavy duty which I would be running to the battery (with a fused connector of course...30 amp?). Is the CID box and the +12 inputs just a fancy relay? Meaning I can control it with whatever I want that can feed +12 to the inputs I want? For example, let's say instead of a Star LCS869 I use a Feniex Typhoon, so I can have up to 6 features controllable (takedowns, alley L and R, left warn, right warn, main warn). That's 6 features that would normally use a LOT of amps...but again, the CID is just getting a relay type signal, right?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
The CID is just an interface device. All lightbar operations get their power from the 2 large wires coming out of it. The CID just detects voltage on the input triggers to tell the bar what to do. Other then the tiny power draw from the CID +/-, the trigger inputs wont draw power.

Reactions: Frooom

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
The CID is just an interface device. All lightbar operations get their power from the 2 large wires coming out of it. The CID just detects voltage on the input triggers to tell the bar what to do. Other then the tiny power draw from the CID +/-, the trigger inputs wont draw power.
Exactly the answer I had hoped for, that's awesome. TYVM!

Mods, I confirmed the info I needed, this can be locked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.