911ep TD56 help

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
I've searched for answers prior to posting, but haven't been successful in locating an answer, as most of the 911ep threads reference the td/wl28 or 36.

I just received a 911ep TD56 the other day, but do not have a manual. Any idea of a wiring diagram floating around for this light anywhere? I've lookd all over the internet, but can't fina a manual specific to the TD 56.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Do a search here, we have a whole thread dedicated to 911EP manuals and information. Do you have a picture of your bar? There was a couple different generation of the TD56

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
Do a search here, we have a whole thread dedicated to 911EP manuals and information. Do you have a picture of your bar? There was a couple different generation of the TD56

I checked the manuals in that thread several times, and did multiple searches prior to posting. I apparently have a different generation/version. My bar has a white, black, blue, red, green, and brown wire. I have no idea what generation/version it is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 21

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Yours is old! I do believe that to be the first generation of it. I THINK this is the TD56 designed to interface with the Millennium bar. Let me do some digging.

A few members, including myself, are massive 911EP fans. Member MORT (who is in that document thread) was employed at 911EP and has provided alot of information, he may know more about your bar.

What color is it?

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
Yours is old! I do believe that to be the first generation of it. I THINK this is the TD56 designed to interface with the Millennium bar. Let me do some digging.

A few members, including myself, are massive 911EP fans. Member MORT (who is in that document thread) was employed at 911EP and has provided alot of information, he may know more about your bar.

What color is it?

Red. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated! I tried to do as much digging I could before I posted for help. Not much out there online, since they closed up shop.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
We here at elightbars are THE primary source of 911EP information for sure. Nate, username ZAPP BRANNIGAN and I collect 911EP stuff, and we have been on the hunt for the last few years for any and all information related to 911ep.

I have pictures and some info about a TD56 just like yours but they are on my desktop in storage :( But I will dig in what I have access to and let the other guys know about your thread.

Typically its power, ground, and a few wires for patterns. But this being a first generation light, that may not be the case!

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
We here at elightbars are THE primary source of 911EP information for sure. Nate, username ZAPP BRANNIGAN and I collect 911EP stuff, and we have been on the hunt for the last few years for any and all information related to 911ep.

I have pictures and some info about a TD56 just like yours but they are on my desktop in storage :( But I will dig in what I have access to and let the other guys know about your thread.

Typically its power, ground, and a few wires for patterns. But this being a first generation light, that may not be the case!

Thank you very much. I've been a longtime lurker of the site.

I figured the white was power and black was a ground. Tried to use several different combos, but no dice.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Red is likely power, black ground. The other wires should each activate a function and then combinations of those wires will activate added functions.

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
Red is likely power, black ground. The other wires should each activate a function and then combinations of those wires will activate added functions.

I figured that would be the case, but the white and black are larger diameter wires. The others, (red, blue, green, and brown), a very thin diameter wires. I figured those would be "trigger" wires for a specific function.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
AH HA! I found it! I'm sending you a PM shortly, stand by

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
AH HA! I found it! I'm sending you a PM shortly, stand by

So I guess Alec found the Manual for you. I do not have that manual saved, the only thing I have is 2 pictures of the manual, but not the wiring.

TD56 Operating Installation Guide Cover.jpg TD56 Operating Installation Instruction Page.jpg

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Here is a wiring configuration as to what wires will give you what patterns. Hope this helps

Attachments

• WL TD 56 wiring old style.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 14

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Here are the actual instructions. the TD 39/56 were the first versions of this light

Attachments

• TDWLinstructions.pdf
    597.5 KB · Views: 14

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Here is a wiring configuration as to what wires will give you what patterns. Hope this helps

Here are the actual instructions. the TD 39/56 were the first versions of this light

Those are both the newer version of the TD56. Note his picture, he has the OLD version with the 7 segments of 8 LEDs each, and his wire colors are different than in those manuals. I sent him pictures of the manual for his style, I will post them in the document section soon.

Reactions: Tony P

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
Here is a picnof the wiring. I am safe to assume the white is +12 and black is ground? And the others a "trigger" wires??

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Here is a picnof the wiring. I am safe to assume the white is +12 and black is ground? And the others a "trigger" wires??
Yes we did white instead of red for some odd reason. The others are trigger ls. The list shows what color will give you what flash pattern. Depending on switch box you can have different patterns

Reactions: JLW82

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Yes we did white instead of red for some odd reason. The others are trigger ls. The list shows what color will give you what flash pattern. Depending on switch box you can have different patterns
No there is a red wire with that picture that should be hot.

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
No there is a red wire with that picture that should be hot.

Even though it is extremely small gauge? What is the large white wire used for then?

Or used together for warning? Red and white to +12?

Sorry for all of the ?'s. I'm not familiar with 911ep at all. I had to snag this bar tgough, since it was only being sold for $50!!

Mort

May 18, 2016
Phoenix
Even though it is extremely small gauge? What is the large white wire used for then?

Sorry for all of the ?'s. I'm not familiar with 911ep at all. I had to snag this bar tgough, since it was only being sold for $50!!
If it is a 12 Ga. It will be hot. Not the red one. Rest it with a voltag

Earlier in the post. There is an instruction sheet that shows Red black 16ga. As the main wires and the rest were 22ga. For the trigger wires. Look at those instructions.

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
If it is a 12 Ga. It will be hot. Not the red one. Rest it with a voltag

Earlier in the post. There is an instruction sheet that shows Red black 16ga. As the main wires and the rest were 22ga. For the trigger wires. Look at those instructions.

The only 16ga wires I have are white and black. The rest are smaller wires, including the red wire, which I assume are 22ga.

It doesn't seem the red wire is large enough to power the bar.

JLW82

Jun 4, 2016
Louisiana
Well, I've tried every combination of wires I could think of. I believe the issue with this bar may be an issue inside the bar.

Any further insight y'all have is much appreciated.

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
ya he has one of the first ones as sail already. this has small mirrors on top and bottom. it may have been hooked up wrong, or something else happened and either shorted out the voltage regulator or did some other damage to it. if you took all the hot wires and attached it to a battery and attached the ground of the bar to the ground of the battery, and nothing happens. ya there is a inside issue. you might be able to take it apart since its not potted and look it over. iv seen one other person have one of those.

Reactions: JLW82

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Just wanted to chime in. As a huge 911ep fan, I wanted to say that is awesome! Hope you can get it working.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.