9M into mini-freedom for our boat

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
Cut down an old strobe / halogen 9M and turned it into a freedom mini bar, got the corner modules on ebay for cheap. Wired it to a ULF-44 flasher. Nothing fancy but will be way better than the single flash able strobe beacon that is on there right now. I turned the second half of the bar into a mini-9M with strobes as well.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I like it...with a brand new set of lenses, it'll look like a brand new bar. Are the rear inboards populated?

I'd like to see pics of it on the boat when it's mounted

Reactions: Sparky_911
May 23, 2013
nc
just a question, being the lenses are not the exact same color as the leds, how much light is lost vs clear lenses?

and ied slap 2 halogens in the back and have amber rear flashers

ooooh, or better yet, get some 400 leds in green and red and use one on one side for starboard and the other color for i dont know what its called lol

anyways looks sick i think, great job

dpd4703

May 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
Red = port or left

Green = Starboard or right

Using it for sidelights would be tricky - The sidelights are required to have an arc of visibility of 112.5° from the centerline with 22.5° abaft (behind) the beam for each light. The light would have to be visible for at least 1NM if the vessel was under 12M in length. Better to stick with marine specific lights for those applications and just blue lenses for Law Enforcement operations or Red and Amber for Fire/EMS.

But anyways, great job on the light. Bet it will look great on the boat. I'm curious what type of boat it is and would love to see pictures and video of the boat.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
just a question, being the lenses are not the exact same color as the leds, how much light is lost vs clear lenses?
What??? Clear freedom and liberty parts are rare as hens teeth, and blue as common as air. I'm pretty sure those are blue leds behind a blue lens.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.