A company I'd love to see

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would love to a see a company (I'd call it Innovative Traditions) that makes all the "traditional" equipment still being used today (mostly by the fire service). Ideally they could acquire RotoRay and Mars 888 patents and produce airhorns, high/low (Martin type) horns and a variety of mechanical sirens (including a really large one like the old MARS or Sireno "Q sized" sirens. Add some new takes on old classics like a smart LED beacon styled like old school beacons, classic looking LED floods and a non-moving but classic looking traffic clearing light. Throw in some simulated and physical bells and maybe even an exhaust whistle. Make it a real one stop shop for the stuff your apparatus committee is trying to sneak onto your next build. Honestly this is the direction I would take Federal Signal if I were at the helm of that company. Let Whelen and Sound Off have the small vehicle and full system market and really focus on the "iconic bling" that has kept Federal on the map. Heck, do something with SLR in a classic package. Bring back the "siren light" with an LED in front of a mechanical siren both steady, flashing, solar-ray and propello-ray style. I have sat on and been consulted on a few builds and the "extra toys" are a significant budget item. Obviously I am not the Elon Musk of warning devices and don't have any means of doing this, but some one (cough cough Federal) should steal this idea.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I would love to a see a company (I'd call it Innovative Traditions) that makes all the "traditional" equipment still being used today (mostly by the fire service). Ideally they could acquire RotoRay and Mars 888 patents and produce airhorns, high/low (Martin type) horns and a variety of mechanical sirens (including a really large one like the old MARS or Sireno "Q sized" sirens. Add some new takes on old classics like a smart LED beacon styled like old school beacons, classic looking LED floods and a non-moving but classic looking traffic clearing light. Throw in some simulated and physical bells and maybe even an exhaust whistle. Make it a real one stop shop for the stuff your apparatus committee is trying to sneak onto your next build. Honestly this is the direction I would take Federal Signal if I were at the helm of that company. Let Whelen and Sound Off have the small vehicle and full system market and really focus on the "iconic bling" that has kept Federal on the map. Heck, do something with SLR in a classic package. Bring back the "siren light" with an LED in front of a mechanical siren both steady, flashing, solar-ray and propello-ray style. I have sat on and been consulted on a few builds and the "extra toys" are a significant budget item. Obviously I am not the Elon Musk of warning devices and don't have any means of doing this, but some one (cough cough Federal) should steal this idea.
For those who like the sound of a mechanical siren but have a vehicle that can't handle the current draw of the Federal Q series, the model 28 should be reissued.

leslawman

Mar 11, 2020
Midway, TX
For those who like the sound of a mechanical siren but have a vehicle that can't handle the current draw of the Federal Q series, the model 28 should be reissued.
I have a Model 28 in my Ram 1500 and love it!

And bring back the Model 175 “Hill Light!”

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.