A Rota-What?

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
In an effort to keep "Dan" dmathieu happy with more collectible talk... and NO... it isn't a Rot-A-Beam! :p

This is a very hard to find NOS Code3 PSE Rot-A-Laser in a super rare CPI Cast Aluminum Bumper Mount. According to folks at Code3 PSE, the rotator in these weren't shared with any other products. It was made exclusively for the Rot-A-Laser light(s).

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_rotl1_zps2b8ce565.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_rotl2_zpscfe2b60c.jpg

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_rotl3_zps16d7a4db.jpg

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I have one of those too (Rotolaser, not the mount), it came out of a wrecked Sutphen engine & is/was in the plastic mount I think.

Looks good in the CPI. I thought the rotator was close to the same as a Dashlaser's but it looks even smaller than that.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
i have wanted one of those for ever

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
DefianceEngineCompany said:
i have wanted one of those for ever

A Rot-O-Laser or the mount?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
First one I've ever seen.

Thanks for sharing.

If it still functions how about a video?

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
chief1565 said:
First one I've ever seen.
Thanks for sharing.

If it still functions how about a video?

It is New Old Stock, so YES! It functions perfectly. :yes: Video? Hmmm... I will see what I can do. :undecided:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
dmathieu said:
That's a first for me!
Nice find!!

Whelen made a similar rotator for flush mounting on the front of fire trucks.

And thanks for the VINTAGE post!!

All for you Dan! :p

Code 3 offered this in 4 mounting configurations. Deck/Dash Mount, Flush Mount, Surface Mount, and Bumper Mount. I have all 4 types of mounting systems, but this one for display purposes, is IMHO the best! :thumbsup:

This is the sales PDF from Code3PSE on the oscilaser and the optilaser

http://www.code3pse.com/public/media/prc_osci-optilaser-11.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Weren't cheap.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I've seen those mini rotators offered in the LP6000 center section side by side...very cool but similar to the 600 series rotator offered by Whelen...ineffective IMHO...nice score there David. Whelen has upgraded the 600 series somewhat by sticking half of a R316 Rota Beam in the housing and now it is super effective lmao

May 23, 2013
nc
ive seen videos of these in trucks but never acually knew who made them

i would give a left body part for one of those

and ied even put them in use on my truck right now, i like a oscilaser but this takes the cake

plz a video, and anywhere to find?

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
I'm not sure if this is it but could these be the Rot-A-Lasers, located just above the headlights? The lenses do not protrude, so I don't believe it's a PowerArc product. (best viewed in HD)

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Seriously if anyone knows where i can get one of these or even just the inside assembly let me know !!

tacomabanga19861986 said:
ive seen videos of these in trucks but never acually knew who made them

i would give a left body part for one of those

and ied even put them in use on my truck right now, i like a oscilaser but this takes the cake

plz a video, and anywhere to find?

Get the dueling pistols out boys! I do have another one hidden in "The Lab"... :yes:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wheels said:
I'm not sure if this is it but could these be the Rot-A-Lasers, located just above the headlights? The lenses do not protrude, so I don't believe it's a PowerArc product. (best viewed in HD)

Whelen had a 64/600 series rotator too..

64rot.jpg

Liberty703

Dec 11, 2012
Maine
Seriously if anyone knows where i can get one of these or even just the inside assembly let me know !!
There's a few running on the front of Engines here in Maine... get them hawk eyes dialed in!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
In Oswego, there's a single ambulance in the fleet that has the Whelen version. And they're mounted above the rear wheel wells. Very strange location but they're very effective so I guess it's fine.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
ford-dealer said:
All for you Dan! :p

Code 3 offered this in 4 mounting configurations. Deck/Dash Mount, Flush Mount, Surface Mount, and Bumper Mount. I have all 4 types of mounting systems, but this one for display purposes, is IMHO the best! :thumbsup:

This is the sales PDF from Code3PSE on the oscilaser and the optilaser

http://www.code3pse.com/public/media/prc_osci-optilaser-11.pdf

Nice, David. I have a decent old Oscilaser with a bumper bracket and red lens. I've been thinking about rear-deck mounting in my car in place of the Firebeam I have there now.

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
I caught this video a couple of weeks ago when this thread was still active, but I'm just getting around to uploading it.

A neighboring department used Code 3 products for a couple of years on all of the engines they were purchasing at the time, and this included the Roto-Lasers (or is it Rota-Laser?) on the front lower zone. I was down there teaching a class recently, and two of the rigs assigned to the training academy happened to have them, so I though that a short video would be in order.

Hope you enjoy...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.