A sprinter ambulance's great grandfather

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
These are mini vans.... sprinters are full size vans... larger than most full sized vans... not really related.

StoneAmbulance105.jpg

marty

Well, kind of meant as a joke (since Sprinters were marketed as a Mopar product in the states, nothing more.) I am well aware the sprinter is not really a Dodge, and that it is a full size van.

As for image linking, I'll have to wait till I get home from work to upload to my own image provider. Image linking worked here with no problem, so I thought it'd be ok.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I believe the Sprinter was introduced when Daimler owned Chrysler. I wonder if Sprinter production will continue under the present ownership (Fiat?)?

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
nerdly_dood said:

Looks more like an ice cream truck than an ambulance.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
dustymedic said:
Looks more like an ice cream truck than an ambulance.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Can't say I agree with that, but it ain't pretty. However, it is bigger than the Scudo, and modern EMTs and paramedics tend to favor bigger vans. (Type 2 ambulances are quite rare currently, for that reason)

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I acutally remember seeing those. My dad mentioned that he would rather die than be stuffed into one of those min ambulances. The one with the XL looked very silly. The Collins was a bit better. Either way, they were both funny to see on the street, even more so running code.

NBFC46

May 26, 2010
Amherst NY
So why exactly did they choose to use those vans? I can't imagine having any room to work in the back. Much less them being able to get out of there own way. I mean I guess they look kinda cool (for a mini-van) but I know I would want to be crammed in the back and try to work on someone.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
NBFC46 said:
So why exactly did they choose to use those vans? I can't imagine having any room to work in the back. Much less them being able to get out of there own way. I mean I guess they look kinda cool (for a mini-van) but I know I would want to be crammed in the back and try to work on someone.
I assume you are referring to the old school caravans, and not the newer sprinters...?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.