A tribute to Sky.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
I've gotten a couple requests for pictures. So here we go. Start off with a picture of the truck its self as of a couple months ago. Need a new picture.

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_th_09212010163.jpg

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500

4.8L V8 4x4

Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner

Gibson Exhaust

K&N Intake & Filter

2003 Tail lights

6000K HID head lights

Projector Housings

LED Front Turn signals

Chrome grille guard

2500 HD LED cab lights

Fender Flares

MB Gunner wheels

Goodyear Wrangler tires

LED interior dome lights

LED ID lights under tail gate

Whelen PCC8R Controller

Whelen PFBS12 LED Fog Lights

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_9.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_7.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_8.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_10.jpg

Here's the fog lights. They are incredible! From left to right: 1.) Nothing turned on. 2.) Headlights on 3.) ONE fog light on 4.) BOTH fog lights on

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_1.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_4.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_2.jpg

In this first picture EVERYTHING is turned on. Head lights, fog lights, cab lights, etc. The fog lights wash it out, no problem.

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_3.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_5.jpg ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_6.jpg

That's it for now until I get all of my other projects (console, head ache rack, bed rails, bed cover) finished which will hopefully be some time before December.

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_super_back_rack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
No emergency lights at all.. Correct me if I'm wrong ? :?

It's basically a LED upgrade ?

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
TheGatekeeper said:
No emergency lights at all.. Correct me if I'm wrong ? :?
It's basically a LED upgrade ?

Trucks not done. I had a lot of people asking for pictures of the PCC8R and the Whelen fog lights. I got sick of sending people individual links, so I just posted this instead.

Jun 26, 2010
Massachusetts
Aren't they led WORK lights? If they were labeled fog lights, they would probably be street legal. I can't find anything from Whelen confirming DOT approval for on road use.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Dave,

So... you now have me thinking about putting a pair of these on the charger fog light brackets and mounting them on my tahoe to replace the stock foglights... Thoughts?

Seth

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
massfirefighter said:
Aren't they led WORK lights? If they were labeled fog lights, they would probably be street legal. I can't find anything from Whelen confirming DOT approval for on road use.

Yes they are considered Work Lights, but they have the fog light pattern and optics.

C17LVFD said:
Dave,

So... you now have me thinking about putting a pair of these on the charger fog light brackets and mounting them on my tahoe to replace the stock foglights... Thoughts?

Seth

You won't be disappointed. I did hook these up to a flasher just to play with. :eek: It was insane. I've had a few people ask for day time install shots via pm.

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_10252010190.jpg

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_10252010191.jpg

I used a set of KC rubber vibration eliminating feet to mount them to the grille guard. Keeps them from moving, doesn't damage the metal, and no vibration. I would suggest using those for anyone who is looking to install lights like this.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
C17LVFD said:
Sweet... Gonna order a pair... does 165 a piece sound decent for them?

Are they 6 LED or 12 LED? If they're 12, that is a great price. Most retailers sell for around $203.50 a piece. Luckily I got my set at a good price because they were demo units that never got installed.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Got some time off from work today due to inclement weather. Got the lower fog lights, grille lights, and console installed and wired. Tomorrow we are supposed to have more inclement weather, so hopefully I can get some steel tomorrow and start working on the back rack and bed rails.

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_10252010192.jpg

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_10252010213.jpg

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Dave,

Got em in... Holy Christ Batman! Stupid Bright!! I was hoping those pictures you took were a decent representation... The pictures do them justice! Now I just have to figure out how to mount them on the Tahoe... They're a lil too big to easily replace the stock fog lights...

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
C17LVFD said:
Dave,

Got em in... Holy Christ Batman! Stupid Bright!! I was hoping those pictures you took were a decent representation... The pictures do them justice! Now I just have to figure out how to mount them on the Tahoe... They're a lil too big to easily replace the stock fog lights...

Glad you like them. I was a little skeptical about getting them, but sure glad I did. Especially with winter coming up (it snowed ALL day today), I'll be working a lot at night, so they'll come in handy.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Well after 10 hours of work over the last month, I finally got my custom made back rack completed, painted, and installed. As soon as I find more time (and an indoor location) I will finish by adding the lights to it. Still need to decide what to use. I'm doing Red (STT), Amber (warning), and white (work light).

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Mobile_20Uploads_11192010221.jpg

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
from my comparison the whelen 500series STT blows every other brand out of the water when it comes to that style stt

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
And Sky is dead. I've had way too many problems with her and can't take it anymore. The rear end blew this morning. I also had a pressure problem on the #3 cylinder, a front axle seal leak, needs new brakes and u-joints and now a blown rear end. I've come to the point where I think it's not even worth fixing. I could take the money I would be spending to fix it and use it as a VERY nice down payment on a new ride. So as of now I am without a vehicle. It will be interesting to see what happens. She hasn't even turned 87,000 miles yet.

But if I do choose to get a new vehicle, sky will be stripped of everything. Yes I mean EVERYTHING. Brush guard, power chip, lights, PCC8R, wheels, 7" flip out DVD player, etc. So keep your eyes peeled on the thread if there's anything you might be interested in.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Try a Dodge.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Sorry to hear about sky... :( I'll keep my eye's open for when you start a new thread on things you want to get rid of...I wish i had only 87,000 miles on my girl 00 silverado ext cab 4*4 with 190,000 miles on her and still running strong...Good luck finding a new ride....

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
That's odd you've had so many problems with it. My FIL has a 2000 Z71 with 343,000 (That's right) miles on it and it still runs good. He's had to replace the U-joints three times, the transfer case once about 10,000 miles ago, had to do a light rebuild on the trans about 2500 miles ago, and it's on like it's 3rd or 4th set of plugs and fifth set of tires.

Other than regular maintenance the engine is untouched. It's a 5.3L.

Also it's been wrecked three times.

Seems like it might have been built on pay day.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Well I'm glad you had so much luck with yours!

But it became official, I am getting rid of Sky. If anyone wants anything off of it, please let me know. Anything that doesn't sell I will just leave on the truck for trade in. The only thing I am not selling is the Whelen PAR36 work lights, so other than that, let me know. This includes the grille guard, the Bully Dog GT power chip, Kensun HID 6000K headlights w/ projector lenses, LED turn signals, 8' roll up bed cover, my chrome 16" Gunner 6 wheels, Whelen PCC8R controller. I turn it in next month, so I do have some time. You can also look on the front page where I have all the accessories listed.

She served a good life, but not that good.

sky_ramp1_1.jpg

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
I only have another 2 days with Sky before trade in. I'm posting everything here so it's available to other silverado owners. I went through a LOT of setups. I'm getting out of the fire service next week, so my new car will not have any lights. I really don't spend a lot of time on the board like I used to anyways. So oh well. This will be my last meaningful post pretty much.

First set up: No document of

Able-2 GEN 1 LED dash light, and TIR3s.

Second Set up: Video

Lightning-X Chameleon 6, Whelen LAW (not vertex)

Whelen Set up: Video

Slimlighter TIR6, TIR3's, LIN6 in tool box, Sound Off Ultrabrite 12

Tomar Set up: (3) Tomar 200S, RECT-25's, RECT-13s in wheel wells.

Later changed to (2) 200S, RECT-25's, RECT-13 by tool box, vertex in rear tail lights, sound off ghosts in rear windshield: Video

Final Set up:

Whelen Avenger, LINZ6, Vertex, Pimp pods

I also had a series of interior setups and custom consoles:

HHS2100:

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_022.jpg

Smart Siren with custom console:

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Project_20Sky_th_1217447883.jpg

Carling Switches with custom console:

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_Project_20Sky_th_1229548574.jpg

Whelen PCC8R controller and after market console:

ai250.photobucket.com_albums_gg245_DaveCN5_th_photo_10.jpg

This is what she looked like when I got her:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.reautoservices.com/search/images/1/thumbImg.php?s=640&i=P378-1.jpg&ms=0&mp=0&mw=1

It's been a long 7 years with her and glad to see her go, but I'll miss having a truck for sure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.