ACARI PRODUCTS

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
The only ones that have shipped so far are the sales rep samples. From what I understand, production versions begin shipping tomorrow. I would imagine there will be plenty of info on them shortly. It is a great concept, and yet simple to install.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
Here is another similar product that has been on the market for some time:

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Light_ ... _mount.htm

I could never get myself to spend the $$$ on it to see how well it works.

The version mentioned in this thread looks like an improvement. I'm interested in what the price range is going to be.

It looks like a surface mount ghost would mount well on the side. The back looks to be angled though, so a mount would have to be fabricated if you didn't want the lighthead pointing at the sky.

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
Jared @ 911Lights said:
They have been around for a while, seems like a great idea, but I haven't seen it take off.

-Jared

A prototype was floating around some national shows earlier this year. The very first orders have just started to ship.

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
I saw something similar to this mounted on a pick up outside a junkyard earlier this year while I was working.

It had a mini lightbar on it. I wanted to stop to take a picture but couldn't and it was gone by the time I drove past again.

I remember the mount was all black and I thought it was homemade.

Spitzen88

Oct 6, 2010
USA, CT
I have been posting on another ACARI thread on this website and I didnt see this one. I know the posts were from a while ago, but I came across some pictures from another website and figured you might like the see some of them. They are on a truck with a pro-rack, which is good to know for those who may have a back rack/pro rack.

I emailed ACARI and they said they have pre-sold a lot of dodge ram kits and are almost ready for production on those.

I guess they have sold over 500 of these with almost no negative feedback which is great for a new product!

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.