Achievement Unlocked Ford Interceptor

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Not perimeter alert...... Pursuit mode.

I will disclaim this by saying I always operate with due regard and drive for the conditions. The interceptor I drive at work was put together to be a supervisor vehicle for the entire service area (hundreds of square miles). It is built on Whelen Core with dual siren amps (got shot down on rumbler and buel horns). I was worried it would be too small and wanted a suburban or tahoe, but it easily carries a full set of ALS gear as well as some command specific equipment and hand tools. I will post some pics and a video soon.

I was not prepared to like the explorer/interceptor, but I actually find it very usable. I definitely didn't know about pursuit mode. What makes Pursuit Mode unique is its detection of aggressive driving situations (based on brake line pressure, deceleration, and lateral acceleration rates) and adjusts the vehicle accordingly.

When aggressive driving situations are detected, the six-speed transmission automatically switches from a normal operation to Pursuit Mode. While driving in this mode, the upshift and downshift transmission performance is optimized for aggressive driving. The Pursuit Mode software is programmed to perform reverse J-turns, which is when a vehicle is spun 180 degrees and continues face forward without changing the direction of travel.

.... It is a blue icon on the dash and doesn't automatically show up in your gamer profile, but I still consider it an achievement.

image000000.jpg

Anyone else have this in their gamer profile?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I live right off the highway, and I'll get in once in a while when I'm responding to a call in a neighboring jurisdiction. But I think in a year and a half I've seen it like 3 times.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I got it on a highway with very viewable intersections but a lot of unnecessary traffic lights you have to stop and clear.... So you're going from.... let's say fast to intersection clearing, back too fast. Seems to trigger it

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
They should have made the indicator this:

Valuable.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.