adams so units

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
me(30) and my partners dodge charger. all the secondary lighting was installed by me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8CFr:haha:_rjCk&feature=youtube_gda
ta_player'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8CFr:haha:_rjCk&feature=youtube_gda
ta_player

unit 30
liberty lightbar
front: cps authority interior l/b, mini phatom dash
pushbumper: 6 head 911 ep soundoff ghost. fed sig as124 speaker whelen. grille speaker
rear door window: mini phatom, whelen ions
back window: 12 head soud off up top. bottom 8 head cps light stick 6head. h light stick
headli1ght tail light flasher. sound off hideaways rear back up lights. cps auth
tir3

le gend light bar
dual avenger
tier 4 cps pushbumper
whelen slimlighters rear doors
whelen dominator rear deck. cps t3 top window
sos led hideaways back.up lights
hlf/tlf.
tier 4 cps brand tag

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Ditch the bumper light stick, the front interior lightbar, the upper side-facing light, and everything in the rear windshield and it's good. :weird:

I'd just like to know what makes people think more + brighter + faster + blue = safer. At least they've got amber in back.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The first one, Unit 30, way to much going on. Simple and slow, it's the way to show!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The whole idea of WARNING LIGHTS, are to WARN other drivers. :duh: These cars are so blinding they cause more harm then good. No wonder cops get rear ended on the side of the road. These two carnival shows are a perfect example of what NOT to do. Imagine coming around a dark corner at night and encountering these two dance parties? Good luck trying to see the officer in the road directing traffic. Id say remove every single light you've installed, and you'll be good to go. :hopeless: :bonk:

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
Storm4200 said:
The whole idea of WARNING LIGHTS, are to WARN other drivers. :duh: These cars are so blinding they cause more harm then good. No wonder cops get rear ended on the side of the road. These two carnival shows are a perfect example of what NOT to do. Imagine coming around a dark corner at night and encountering these two dance parties? Good luck trying to see the officer in the road directing traffic. Id say remove every single light you've installed, and you'll be good to go. :hopeless: :bonk:

thats ur opinon however this is on pursuit switch 3 the rear upper light stick is a T/A. also the interior l/b. the front is heavy on warning. to move traffic. out if the way responding

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
You don't need a Legend and a full interior bar to move traffic, the Legend is plenty bright on its own. If I were handed the car on the right, I remove the interior bar, the mini phantoms, the two lower light sticks to the rear, the TIR3s, and the TLF. The front ghosts would get moved to the sides of the push bumper and put on a solid pattern. The Ultralight would be sold or traded for the same thing in all amber and put on the rear deck. Then I would make sure that the low power feature of all applicable lights was wired up and used at night.

The car as is is an officer safety risk at night. The amount of lights in the car right now is stupid, and is nothing but a hazard for you, your fellow officers, and the public. There is absolutely no need or benefit to have that many lights in one car. All the lights I mentioned above are plenty to have a great warning package in a whole other vehicle.

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
iv never understood a full light bar, plus a full interior bar, PLUS a dash light. i guess the excessive lights go well with the antenna farm on the trunk. but on a positive note, no ones not going to see you and the instal looks beautiful

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
eng18ine said:
iv never understood a full light bar, plus a full interior bar, PLUS a dash light. i guess the excessive lights go well with the antenna farm on the trunk. but on a positive note, no ones not going to see you and the instal looks beautiful

They'll see the car (from outer space), but they won't see him because they will be too busy shielding their eyes or fumbling for their sunglasses to pay attention to what's around them.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Only a matter of time till the car looks like this.

More lights is not more safety.

charger.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
LLS said:
Only a matter of time till the car looks like this.

More lights is not more safety.

funny... looking at the usual places for the "over abundance" of lights in typical places and I see none.... Doesn't seem like too many lights were the issue here...

Unless there is a before picture somewhere...

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i think hes just making the point. and i agree with him

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i've seen it both ways.. I've noticed down here it's forced people to slow down so they could safely navigate around a patrol car with a bunch of lights... I also see how they just fly right by patrol cars with only a lightbar.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I've been in a patrol car at night parked on a two lane bridge with no shoulder in the left lane on an MVC along with two other cars all with blue Freedoms on high power with full on epilepsy patterns and I don't think one car, including a large bus touched the brakes. They all were running 50+mph.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
acala91 said:
I've been in a patrol car at night parked on a two lane bridge with no shoulder in the left lane on an MVC along with two other cars all with blue Freedoms on high power with full on epilepsy patterns and I don't think one car, including a large bus touched the brakes. They all were running 50+mph.

guess areas are different.. I've scene light shows slow down three lanes of traffic to about 30 mph from 65. Pretty common around here... one lightbar (standard setup) not so much.

That car on the right side is incredible! We have a few Deputies on the SO that I serve on that have cars like that. At their own expense of course. Our agency will only do the basics. But they do let us add whatever else we want as long as the wiring is inspected by one of our Electronic Services Technicians to ensure a FIRE WON'T START!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
jcpse said:
all that excesssive lighting...but not even a single TIR3 or something on the side of the pushbar for intersection?

Just a perfect example of A VERY poorly thought out install.

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
The car is lit up therr are alot of lights on there however all of the patterens are slow not crazy fast. They can be individually adjusted with thos vid being shot at night it is going to look alot brighter. The tint is 10% all around. Responding to calls all are on , standing by on the road way. Its toned down

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.