Added a FEDSIG 22H Mini AERO to the Collection UPDATE now with RED domes!!

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I recently added this FEDSIG 22H Mini AREO in Amber, gear driven version.

It cleaned up nicely and works great.

Thinking of changing the domes out for red/clear, but I don't have much amber stuff in the collection, so its a nice change. Late 80's vintage by the date on the motor.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_th_amberminiAERO22H.jpg

I know this is an old post but I have now received RED lens for it and wanted to share. Bought the lens used from another member here but I think they look great on my mini AERO, see below as of 3/14/12.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_IMG_20120314_142355.jpg

All RED now with the exception of the one front clear panel shown.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I'm thinking I will leave it amber, I had 1 of these when I started at a VFD in the early 90's with a mag mount kit on it with solid red lens. I later removed the old worn out and faded red lens for some new red/clear and kept the red end caps. When I replaced that mini with a Code 3 Mini SD, I mounted the 22H on an old brush truck at the VFD, just trying to update its lighting as it was still in service at the time. The funny thing is my old VFD has since been absorbed by another bordering agency and the brush truck with my old 22H is long gone :( .

Guess thats what drove me to get this 1 and add it to my collection, fond memories of my old 22H.

Chris

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have always liked the mini gear drive aeros... almost as many lights as some full bars of the time.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
JohnMarcson said:
I have always liked the mini gear drive aeros... almost as many lights as some full bars of the time.
Speaking of mini-Aeros, did anybody ever see one with another pattern than wig-wag (0-10-10-0) or alternating(5-15-10-0 )? I understand this pattern when used alone and I know you can customize the pattern any way you like but did agencies actually used other patterns?

KMG365

May 24, 2010
Columbus, OH
toon80 said:
Speaking of mini-Aeros, did anybody ever see one with another pattern than wig-wag (0-10-10-0) or alternating(5-15-10-0 )? I understand this pattern when used alone and I know you can customize the pattern any way you like but did agencies actually used other patterns?

I've only seen those two patterns used. I never understood why people didn't program them like this [6,4][2,0]. That would create a nice directional pattern across the entire mini bar.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I saw one with a "right arrow" pattern on a vollie pickup... judging by the other lights on his vehicle I'm sure he was a tinkerer

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
I have a solid red in my collection :D .Had one just like it with along a Federal Signal Director siren on a rescue/First response truck that I usually drove back in 78-83 .On a side note I always liked the red/blue combo mini aero on the Nevada Highway patrol vehicles back in the 80's

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Yes I gave it a good home, it now resides with fellow members from the FEDSIG family but is the only piece from the AERO branch. After cleaning it up and polishing out the domes, I am going to leave it solid amber as pictured.

Great light!

Thanks to all!

Pete L. was very easy to work with too, great member.

Chris

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
emtanderson51 said:
Looks good....and hauntingly familiar...lol

Thanks! They look great on their new home on my 22H. Great deal on the lens set.

What I like is the single clear panel to the front. Different and gives a nice "punch" when the light is running.

Chris.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.