Added a MARS item to the collection

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Hello all.

I have added my first MARS item to the collection, and I will let pictures do the talking:

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_MARS_20SPECTRASYSTEM_IMG_20141110_181644_zpse9bf1d43.jpg

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_MARS_20SPECTRASYSTEM_IMG_20141110_181611_zps9eb8fe30.jpg

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_MARS_20SPECTRASYSTEM_IMG_20141110_181710_zps86a0b87a.jpg

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_MARS_20SPECTRASYSTEM_IMG_20141110_181657_zpsb6c58738.jpg

I received this from fellow Ohio ELB member crescentstar69, Thanks Mark.

I usually do not stray too far from my preferred Federal Signal items, but this was a rare opportunity to pick up a rare bar.

It is fully functional and I like the twin 888 lights. Lens are in great shape with minimal scuffs and it has all factory RED slide in filters. The vertical clear filter supports give the rotators a "SPITFIRE" effect when the rotators are on.

Enjoy and as always comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Chris

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Agreed

Cleaned up very nicely.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Enjoy! I'm glad it went to a good home.
Thanks Mark, I will and when I get the basement bar(not emergency lights) completed it will be displayed with my Federal CTS and the Code 3 SD in the background of one of the pics. The SD was removed from one the the units at my work after the red side motor failed.

Very nice and very clean! :thumbsup:
Thanks, it is very clean and complete. The end caps are fully intact, which is a rarity in itself, or so I am told.

Great addition Chris!!!

I agree, hard to pass up!
Thanks Dan, Yes it is one of the pieces you just don't come across very often.

I attempted to shoot a video of it but with overcast skies and the 888's having halogen PAR 36's, They kept washing out the rotators. If it was in service today in the current configuration, I would bet the 888's would be seen long before any other lighting, including LED's. They are something to see in person.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments

Chris

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York

I attempted to shoot a video of it but with overcast skies and the 888's having halogen PAR 36's, They kept washing out the rotators. If it was in service today in the current configuration, I would bet the 888's would be seen long before any other lighting, including LED's. They are something to see in person.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments

Chris
One thing I've learned is that, since halogen is brighter than incandescent and white washes out red, that putting the halogen sealed beams in the rotators and incandescent beams in the clear lights helps it balance out a bit. The only issue though is that halogen sealed beams are a little bit more expensive.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Looks great and I am glad to see it went to a good home. I was very interested in it just didn't have the funds.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
I had also been interested in it, but you were (a little) closer to it.
Congratulations, Lucky you! I'm a little envious.

Would have looked beside this one certainly good.:

Spectrasystem -34a.jpg

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.