Adding a Module to Mini-Liberty

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
I have bought a New LIN6 500 series module from HPD84. It should come sometime this week and I was just wondering how to hook it up. The bar has a ULF44 flasher in it but there is no open spot for it on the flasher. Where/how do I hook it up?

Picture:

ai46.tinypic.com_15cehso.jpg

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Got the module today...nobody knows how to add it to my liberty?

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
I'm not an expert in min-liberty's but I do have the same flasher.

The flasher has 4 ports and as you state, all ports are taken. You'll probably need to "tap" in to one of the channels with the new module. I assume you'll be putting this new module in the center section (since it is the only spot). By tapping in, the center section is going to flash at the same time as one of the ends.

You could re-wire things and make the 2 ends alternate with the new module in the center.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: As another member stated, if it has its own flasher, you could just tap in to the power going in to the flasher. The light head will not be synced with the originals but, another option.

-Rob

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Rofocowboy84 said:
Does it have it's own flash patterns? If so, just set it to one of those....

No, it is a module meant for a lightbar (2 wire).

Thanks guys.

mike

May 23, 2010
usa, california
hook the lighthead up to a steady 12 volt source fused at 1 amp. your bar now has a steady burn front light with the sides alternating. bitchen setup

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.