Advanced Warning Lights Mini Bullet and whelen dashking

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
i recently bought a Mini Bullet from tom which is a mini LED TIR Style bar. it has 10 TIR3 LED heads, 4 50lb magnets that hold on even at speeds of 80mph (NOTE: just because my experience with it showed fruitful doesnt mean that it will do the same on other cars. the shape of your roof is very important) and it is very bright at night. during the day its still quite bright and noticeable.

PROS: very bright. strong magnets, lots of cord. very slick looking and aerodynamic. tons of patterns

CONS: its sometimes too bright when on a night scene and would benefit from a hi-low setting. magnets could be a little better coated. it got moisture in it within the first week of ownership. silicon fixed that issue.

Overall: i give it a 4.5/5. its not the best out there but its good.

i also bought/traded my rotator bar for a pair of Whelen self contained strobe Dashkings from Chad.

PROS: a little bit dimmer than my bar which is perfect for traffic control during night operations. light weight so i can easily put it under my headliner without much sag. very good condition for used lights

CONS: noisy. cant sync the lights together without making them remote. only 2 patterns

Overall: i'd say about a 4/5. their old but still functional. even though strobe lights are being phased out by LED lights these still do their job.

overall sellers review i give a 5/5 for both Tom and Chad

below i made 2 videos demonstrating the lights in the day and at night.

part 1

Thanks Tom and Chad. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
pleasure was all mine doing the trade chris.

If you cant find someone offering a blue for an amber, let me know and i'll order you one personally. (if whelen still has them anyways)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.