Aero lenses

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Just posting this information again, as I have not seen it addressed in awhile. Despite all the rumors, and speculation- Federal Signal is STILL manufacturing custom lenses for the Aerodynic. I do not know which configurations specifically are still available, other than the 4 panel which definitely is. They are painfully expensive, and the lead time is approximately 10 weeks. BUT... if you need a set badly, your local Federal Signal dealer should be able to order them for you. I have given up trying to guess when these will finally come to an end. That is all...

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I am glad that I ordered my sets 2 years ago when price were good.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I am glad that I ordered my sets 2 years ago when price were good.

I haven't ordered a set in years, I was looking just recently to replace a set for a wrecker bar and the price I was quoted killed that project right quick.

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
The price will all depend on how much your dealer wants to mark them up, and where you are located for shipping purposes. What I can say, is the price I was quoted with shipping was actually cheaper than a lot of eBay listings I have seen. The downside is the turnaround time. I give Federal Signal kudos for being honest at least. They told me not to bother ordering them directly as I would die of sticker shock. The sales rep claimed a dealer would be able to get a much better price on them. Last set I will ever order, because I want to keep my house, but good to know the last resort is still out there...

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.