aero questions..

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
what is the correct tag # if there is one for the aerodynic with 10 par 36 4 front 4 rear outboard plus ally with only 4 sync rotators total. or was this just a popular field udgrade? to tell the truth I've never seen one in service just movies and t.v and we all know how that goes.
side note... what an awesome day at work!!!

Last edited:

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
That is a CA Spec. Aerodynic Model 24C. See when aerodynics first came out they did not have internal par36 light flashers, they were external. It was actually an option to have an internal flasher. The movie studios just ordered basic models with no options.

Reactions: lenny77

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
thank you for that info eric greatly appreciated. which brings my next aero question TT on the stamped tag would indicate dual takedowns is that correct ??

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I actually saw several of the 24CA's in the early 90's. When BLM got law enforcement authority, they purchased a lot of 24CA's for their Dodge pickups. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I was not over impressed with the light output of just 2 rotators per side. Maybe I was just used to the 3 rotator per side light output.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
your 100% on that i feel the dual pars on each side drown out the rotators. but it was a factory setup so i must have it. same with the other areo bar the seller has, shows dual take downs but there under red lens, maybe re domed at some point. either way there both pretty clean and price was rite. pics to follow once i take the trip.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.