Aerodynic 10 rotor dome config - Share your pics!

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
Alright guys so I recently picked up an amber model 25 for my collection. Ive always wanted one of them and Im not for sure when federal signal is going to stop selling new domes but as far as I know right now they can still be ordered. SO I have been crunching different combos in my head trying to figure out a unique dome config that would fit the style of the 10 rotor. Here are "just a few" ;) of my poor quality Paint program ideas...

Can someone tell me when they will quit selling new domes and what is the cost for a new set of Model 25 domes. Thanks! If you have some unique dome ideas lets hear them!

aero1.png aero 2.png aero 3.png aero 4.png aero 5.png

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
My ideas.
AeroDynic25 ideas.jpg

You've done a good job with all those possible combos! The AeroDynic lense color variations are so vast.

Reactions: CamaroGuy

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Some of these ideas are pretty cool. I've toyed with a few designs like yours when I ordered new domes for a Medium aerodynic 2 years ago.

Something to consider is what flash pattern you are going to use. The classic red-white candycane for instance is a pink blur when looked at if you go with the classic SAFE Outside-In pattern. BUT, if you go with a candy cane 10 rotator and set the gears to flash (example only) all the white together, then all the red together, you'd have distinct color difference.

So you can have many different lenses configuration, but it will come down to the gears setting you will chose. For instance, the all blue and white (middle one, left column) could be set to flash the classic Outside-In for the blue ony, then a bit later, the 2 whites simultaneously. A variation of the hesitation pattern. (14-12-0-10-8-8-10-0-12-14)

If you go with many colors, I'd do clear color distinction to avoid a color wash blur.

Let us know what you go with! :)

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
You are very right. I just dont want to run the burst pattern like most of them are. The idea you were talking about with the hesitation is pretty neat. I figured I would pick a lens configuration and then come up with a flash pattern thats fitting. But as you stated I wanted the colors to be bold which is why i wasnt so sure about red/blue candy cane etc. I have alot of red in my collection so a good amount of blue is ideal. However some contrast would be nice. Thanks guys!!

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
did anyone else notice the duplicates?there are some nice config's there for sure. but it ultimately comes down to patten choice

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
did anyone else notice the duplicates?there are some nice config's there for sure. but it ultimately comes down to patten choice
I got ya now. I just copied and pasted them so I did not have to draw them out all over again. Thats what happens when you stare at colored squares until 2 am lol

Reactions: toon80

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Sometimes something simple says it best. I would love to have another Model 25 with a solid red on one side and a solid blue on the other side. With all the clear LED bars seen nowadays it's nice to see some bold color!

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
See thats my thoughts. I just have seen so many unique dome configs its almost a shame not to at least look to see what can be made. However I really want the red / blue but its just do I want clear or amber in the mix.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
i find myslef in need of a set for a 10 and was thinking driver- r-a-r-a-r!b-a-b-a-b then use clear in place of amber in front. wish they were more resenably priced id have a few combos.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
I like MarsLight's set-up but w/ clear to the front.

Regardless of YOUR color choice, always put your amber to the outside in the rear. Some clear to the front would also clear traffic better if this bar is to be effective for potential actual service. Set-up your flash pattern to differentiate your different colors as they rotate and isolate the ambers to the rear to flash together, opposite or at least off-beat from the rest and you'll have an awesome bar!

Cascade rotators 2 through 9 in either an inward or outward sequential pattern (keeping with the nostalgic pattern only an Aero can produce) and place rotators 1 and 10 directly opposite rotators 5 and 6 to get that separate color "pop" you need to get the attention of traffic. By flashing the two amber ends together to the rear, you will define the outside perimeters of the vehicle a lot better when it's parked, especially in inclement weather. The same will apply to the front when running "hot". Maybe 5 and 6 could be clear to the front as well, if you like more clear...

Or, "candystripe" the thing red/blue with the same amber/clear in the front/rear and then alternate every other rotator so each sweep is a different color across its entirety with the clears and ambers 1/4 turn off of THAT pattern to again, keep them isolated in your flash pattern.

Why is it always so easy for all of us to set-up someone else's light bars? Set it up the way YOU want it! That way we can all say "ooooh and aaaah" when you post your video! These bars are as unique as each one of us (which is a unique bunch to begin with) and if we all did-up our stuff the same, our individuality would fall to the side of the road...

I say make it green and purple!

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
Well im still digging away an options but am taking everyones advice on considering the flash pattern. Post up your unique aerodynic id love to see them!

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
that bar is set worng for the domes. give me until the week end. see my new thread for why.... i say it needs clear endcaps to lighten the blue. it has red backing it and red endc. makes it look really dark.. sorry.. crappy video added

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Had some more ideas. One involves getting the endcap alley inserts (which are now getting hard to find) in clear endcaps.
AeroDynic 25 ideas 2.jpg

CamaroGuy

Apr 22, 2014
Western Ky
These are a few of the ideas Ive been stuck on. The top one is probably my favorite. 4th one down I was thinking about the hesitation pattern for the clears. The 6th down I was thinking center our flash pattern. The amber would have a traffic advisor feel to it. aero 5.png

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I say go with the one you feel most strongly for. It's your own feelings on what colors you want to see that will make this Model 25 most unique in your collection ;)

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
going to look nice for sure, how can ya beat new aero domes. what did ya pay if you dont mind me asking. guessing around 400$

Last edited:

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
that is a really good price for a 5 panel set.. for some reason i was thinking 180 a side not sure where i saw that price. best of luck and of course cant wait to see

Last edited:

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
That choice should look cool!

Of course, once you get your domes, a front and rear video is mandatory in order to be allowed back into this thread, you know that, right?;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.