Aerodynic 24C CA question

trialman

Jun 3, 2011
Berlin Germany
Hi guys,

check Eric's nicely restored bar if you are not sure what a C/CA model is on the Aerodynic:
http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/my-restored-federal-signal-ca-spec-aerodynic-24ca.4376/

I was wondering if anyone knows if there were C/CA models with the later plastic PAR holders instead of the old-style metal holders for the sealed beams. I could only find pictures of this bar with metal holders or custom-built bars that didn't come as C/CA model from Fed Sig.

Thanks
Darius

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I don't know for sure but mine has got the metal par holders.

Another source you could check is the sticky thread " timeline of equipment " . Under federal signal, you should see the aerodynic 24c and 24ca. Check if those years of production overlaps the switch to ABS par holders for the other model aerodynics.

trialman

Jun 3, 2011
Berlin Germany
They do overlap for a few years, so there could be C/CA bars with plastic holders. Still need a picture to prove that though.

Checked some episodes of T.J.Hooker and Dukes of Hazzard yesterday.
Saw only metal holders, even with the old speaker grille.

(Picture from Dukes Season 1)
ca1.jpg

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
I got mine 2 years ago model 24C and it was with plastic holders.on tray 1977 year of manufactiring and motor late 70'hard to tell because stamp on motor is deleted on half.

Both models C and CA had alley mirrors fixed on speaker bulkhaed intresting and both models with halogen H1 bulbs.
Very hardcore bar! :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.