Aerodynic 24EAH to FS PA1000 Wiring Diagram?

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Purchased the correct 24eah Aerodynic light bar for my Reno PD restoration yesterday. I also have acquired the correct Federal Signal PA1000 siren/light control head.

My lightbar has a TS200 siren setup in it too(epic!!).

Can anyone explain how to wire the light bar/siren to the control head if there are no wiring schematics? It would be much appreciated.

I'm still learning lol:crazy:

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_IMG_2021.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_IMG_2026.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_IMG_1166.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_IMG_1168.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_IMG_2030.jpg

Thanks!

rad123

Aug 5, 2011
Dixon, CA
The big red wire is usually the rotators. For the negative, just hook the black wire from your wire harness (if you have one) one to a screw on the main frame of the bar. the other wires should be for the other lights in the bar.

JUST DON'T HOOK UP THE SPEAKER WIRES TO YOUR BATTERY!

Did you pick this lightbar up at the Ripon show last Saturday?

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Thanks. This is one of the two bars Robert had at the Ripon show. Got it for a pretty great price. Bought mounting hardware from a friend.

It doesn't have the main wiring harness, just the internal.

Don't have a clue what the two red switches would be for, don't see anything marked on the back for them. I'd like to use the alley lights through them.

Siren is easy to hook up. Just have to power up the control head and connect the speaker wires.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
AeroDynic 24EAH wires are:

Red: rotators

brown and brown/white: speaker

Black: ground

yellow: front endlights

blue: rear flashers

orange: left alley

green: right alley.

A Californian rotary switch setup I've seen many times is:

1-rear flasher

2-rear flasher + front steady burns

3-flasher, steady burn, and rotators

which leaves only 2 wire unused: left and right alleys, so I guess the red switches must've been the alley lights.

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Thanks!

I think I pretty much figured out how to wire it all up. Seemed to do fine with what I did. Did the same that you suggested toon80.

Used some short lengths of wire I had as a temporary wire harness so I can play with the lights:D

Just have to figure out how to wire up the alley's to the switches. The siren shouldn't need an amp should it? Can I wire up the siren wires from the control head to the connections in the bar?

Reactions: denko3

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
great done and great setup configuration with siren! :) you have there basic standard CA setup....
just clean up all stuff and domes too and you have great restore set!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.