AeroDynic ADL48

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I would concur with the rarity of this bar, in my experience the AD series (think model 24) was even more uncommon.

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
I would concur with the rarity of this bar, in my experience the AD series (think model 24) was even more uncommon.

That's my next bar to refurbish. The AD48 I have is complete but pretty dirty. I am actually using the same color scheme you have on yours (though with alleys/cutout inserts). That setup was used by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, the neighboring county to the one I grew up in (Hillsborough/Tampa).

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Those are a couple of nicely restored, rare versions of the Aerodynic.

@John Hearne I feel your pain! To me, the last Vintage & Collectible was the model 12 TwinSonic! ( OK, the AreoTwin is in there,too!) Not that the model 24s and JetSonics aren't cool, they just aren't "sealed beam" old school. I guess in the new age of LEDs, anything incandescent is V&C! IMHO, LEDs are the next big progression (evolution?) of emergency vehicle warning eclipsing incandescent and strobes!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.