AeroDynic ADX2201

Jun 18, 2013
PA
This is one of those on the fence lights, not sure if this fits here. I am assuming it does since its no longer manufactured so feel free to relocate if need be.

I picked up my first LED AeroDynic, yeah LED *gasp* I got this a few months back and it worked when the seller Demo'd it, but like many a used car started to flake out almost immediately after bringing it home. Because of that it sat on the floor until I needed to move a bunch of stuff and it was in the way. even stubbed my toe on it a few times.

Lucky for me, it was easier to take apart then it seems, and ended up being a bad/loose connection on a few heads. Probably knocked itself loose on the trip home. Easy fix, now working on refinishing the domes so topless currently.

ADX2203.jpg

ADX2202.jpg

ADX2201.jpg

The setup is not full 360 lighting, and it only has heads facing front and sides.. or rear and sides depending on how you positioned it.

It is my first LED AeroDynic.. so pops my LED AeroDynic Cherry.. I'd like to locate a fullsize bar at some point. All in due time.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice! What color(s)? Maybe someday I'll offer these for sale...
LEDs are red in mine, the domes were originally R/R.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
ADX221.jpgADX222.jpg

I just finished a good overall buffing on these domes. They are not perfect, and the crappy indoor lighting does not help but they turned out pretty damn good. Good enough where I don't think a wetsand would have produced that much of a better improvement.

I have a pair of RC/RC domes that I may swap these with.

Reactions: StEaLtH2 and Tony P
Jun 18, 2013
PA
ADX22CC1.jpgADX22CC2.jpg

Since I have today off, I figured I would give my RC domes the same treatment. Minus the again crappy lighting indoors I think these game out great!.

Now do I keep the R/R or move to CC.

Last edited:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Since the LED heads are red, the candy cane lenses are a bit of a waste. I'd say all red or all clear lenses.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I like the “old school” look of the candy cane.
But…. That is only aesthetic because of the all red LEDs.

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.