AeroDynic dome assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2010
Hamburg (Germany)
I don't know, if you already assemble your AeroDynic lenses this way. I always used a rubber mallet to get the stainless strip back on the AeroDynic lenses and always wondered, why it's so easy to fold the parts out of the strip but so hard to get them back into. Please do not laugh, when you always did it this way. But I never found a tutorial to reassemble the lenses before, so I always did it the complicated way... :(

This is how I did it:

• Lay down lens segments on a flat surface, head to head.
  • Put the stainless strip to the joining.
  • Put your handy under the lenses at the ends and your thumbs on the stainless strip.
  • Move the lens up and control the position of the stainless strip with your thumbs.

aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_1.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_2.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_3.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_4.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_5.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_6.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_aerodynic_haubenmontage_7.jpg

This worked perfectly for a 5 segment lens for me. I used two single segments to show you, who it works.

You need your stainless strip to be very straight or you need helping hands in the center of the lens. If you want to add silicone, you can put it in the gap on one of the lens sides before.

Hope this helps somebody someday. :)

timmy

Sep 9, 2012
Southern California
this approach works in reverse as well - to take the strip off. you might still need a helper hammer but the pressure is taken off the strip by spreading apart the front and back sides of the lens. this is so obvious that not everybody would think of that.

timmy

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.